UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Will some tattoo shops get insulted if..........

9/21/08 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
deafwoody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am in the process of getting a few tat's done but won't be meeting with the tattoo artist untill Nov.

I have pics of all the tattoo's I want done but I know alot of shops like to design there own from scratch.

What do u think is the best way to go about getting him to do the tattoo's that I have pics of??

Should I show him the pics and say this is what I want but am flexable to a little creativity or do I say this is it and do it.(sounds like trouble).

Or will most artists not even give me that option and design it on his own.

Anyways some thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
10/1/08 5:36 PM
SE7ENFOLD

Some guys WONT copy anyone elses artwork. They may take elements from it, but make it there own.
10/5/08 11:02 PM
Esteban Barragan

^^^True. That is how I did my first (and only :( so far :) tattoo. I brought in a drawing and said, "I think I would like this tattoo'ed on me, but you're the professional, what do you think?"

I went to someone that had done a lot of work on my family and friends and I liked him and his portfolio. I thought I knew how to draw really well and was a basic design, but I still asked for input because I don't do tattoos and I wanted to be respectful. In the end, the ta2 artist is the one responsible for how it looks and she or he does it for a living so...if you don't trust him or her to do a good job or have a good style, then why go to them for a tattoo?
10/10/08 9:25 PM
Esteban Barragan

And don't trust free translation sites for something that is permanently on your body.
10/10/08 9:40 PM
deafwoody

Where shouold I go then?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.