UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> Who has attended a World Cup?

9/22/08 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
seg
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been kicking around the idea of going to NZ for the next World Cup.  Has anyone gone, and if anyone has any knowledge of NZ, what is the best way for an American to go about attending the World Cup.  Hook up with one of the packages or try to do it myself.?
9/24/08 8:26 PM
Tooler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do it yourself, get on the net and wait for the tickets to go on sale and buy them there. I did this for the WC in Australia and got great seats for everything I wanted, centre field 10 rows back got a block of 10 ( the max) tickets for the AB's v. Canada, lol we were a dot of red in a sea of black. Great times though! None of this silly soccer hooligan garbage goes on.
10/11/08 5:15 AM
Squatdog

The World Cup should have gone to Japan.

New Zealand literally has no world class stadiums and very few people will turn up to see Romania vs. Portugal.
10/12/08 3:51 PM
seg
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I'm always amazed by the crowds at NZ stadiums.  I 've seen Super 14 mtaches where they can't get 40,000 people in the stands.  I thought this was supposed to be a Rugby mad country.  I know NZ doesn't have a huge population, but my state is roughly the same in population and it will put 80,000 in a college football stadium every Saturday without fail.

They have NZ provincial games where I swear the stands are half full.  How does that happen, are they all in the bar or out back with the sheep?
10/13/08 12:25 AM
Squatdog

Everyone loves the All Blacks, but there is such a huge amount of rugby that it's rare to get capacity crowds for the NPC or sometimes even the Super 14.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.