UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Why I like Boo Weekley

9/23/08 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JSam238
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just read this story and tell me you don't like the guy.

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2007/12/myshot_gd0712
9/24/08 8:05 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like him at all.

Twice the guy has recorded an incorrect score for Sergio Garcia.

Being a redneck isn't an excuse for not being able to count.
9/24/08 7:21 PM
Animal Chin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boo is the fucking man.   he lives close to where i work and has played there quite a bit.  hopefully he'll come out to play in the offseason.
9/26/08 9:23 AM
JSam238
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Twice the guy has recorded an incorrect score for Sergio Garcia.

Being a redneck isn't an excuse for not being able to count."

But apparently being Spanish is? Keep track of yours on the side and check it with what is on the card. If you don't you are a tard.
9/30/08 8:58 AM
BigKiller

^nice circular logic.

In competitive golf you keep your competitors score.  Are you supposed to assume every American has trouble counting to 5?
9/30/08 8:18 PM
Animal Chin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/30/08 11:18 PM

"Are you supposed to assume every American has trouble counting to 5?"

obviously everyone does since it happens so often.  sergio was just dumb enough to get dq'ed for it.

10/1/08 1:14 AM
JSam238

I know how competive golf is scored. But if my living is predicated on someone else keeping my score, I'm going to keep my score too so I can compare and correct if needed.
10/1/08 1:23 AM
Animal Chin

you do keep your own score.  there's a section at the bottom of the scorecards where you put in your own score and then tear it off.  when you go to the scoring tent, you compare what you have with what the person keeping your score has.
10/1/08 7:54 AM
BigKiller

It's not like it's a one time offense with Boo (LOL @ a grown man going by that name)

He pulled a ton of shit at the Accenture match play earlier this year.  He had his opponent lining up a 2 inch putt and probably wouldn't have given it to him if his caddie didn't tell him to.

In the interview afterwards Boo's comments were something like "I just like to get out here and play.  I forgot that we're playing match play.  The only think I like better than golf is making out with my cousin."

You forgot where you were playing?  The fact that you started on a Wednesday, only played with one other dude, constantly heard things like "Weekley, 1up" and, I dunno, saw a bunch of gigantic signs and scoreboards that said "ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY" didn't clue you in? 

Maybe he's just blind, deaf and dumb.  I'd be a fan of his then for overcoming such adversity.  If he's a borderline retarded redneck, not so much.
10/1/08 9:37 AM
Animal Chin

"It's not like it's a one time offense with Boo"

it's not a one time offense with everyone else either.  if you get dq'ed for not knowing what you scored, you're more of a dumbass than the person that wrote down the incorrect score for you.
10/2/08 10:00 AM
Animal Chin

and it's a refreshing change from all the douchebag country club kids on tour.
10/2/08 10:42 AM
BigKiller

Animal Chin - and it's a refreshing change from all the douchebag country club kids on tour.

This I agree with.

Guys like Kenny Perry, Stewart Cink and Davis Love III are the worst fucking golfers in the world to watch.  Slow, boring, no personality, no emotion, no connection with the fans, etc.

DL3 once asked for a fan to be removed because he said something DL3 didn't like.

If I was an American golf fan, I'd be praying for Anthony Kim to reach his potential.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.