UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> breeds you are opposed to owning/would only own?

3/26/09 1:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BabyHand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point I would only own a boxer/any terrier breed. Call me close minded but when ya know ya know!
3/27/09 1:52 AM
Cha0s008
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, no you don't love dogs wizzy. And if you don't like the "racing business, the casual business, or the other business you mentioned" then WTF do you like?

And I'm sorry, but everybodies dog does not go jumping on visitors like you mentioned. A lot of dogs happen to be very well behaved and don't do that. I'm sure you knew that though seeing as though you are so well informed.
3/27/09 2:28 AM
Cha0s008
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, first of all, the way you came off in your first post it made it seem that you didn't like dogs in any sense...I guess you have since changed that view.

Secondly, I completely disagree that pigs are more personable than dogs. They can be personable yes, but more than dogs? No. And yes, I happen to work on a farm through the summer months so I know all about feeding and taking care of something and then eating it.

And you can't teach a cow to obey your commands, therefore making you not get as attached.
3/27/09 10:29 AM
MikeZev
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats the difference??? the difference is that if you breed 2 dogs that are health tested and have no congenital disease in thier bloodline there is a far slimmer chance that they will throw pups with problems.

there is no animal on this planet that has more of an affinity for humans than dogs, there is absolutely no argument there. goats, are you serious?

pups are taken from thier mothers around 8-9 weeks after birth. domesticated dogs are not natural animals and this is the age in which they are able to effectively and comfortably live away from theier mother/litter as observed by man.

i agree with you in the most people breeding dogs in this country have no business doing so. and they are detrimental to the breeds they claim to love.

I'm just guessing that your experience is with sled dogs which are very different from most dogs commonly owned as pets. if you want to view dogs as livestock, thats fine so long as you treat them in a humane fashion. I dont expect anyone to feel the same way about dogs as i do but i also dont act all bitch when someone babies thier dog more than i think they should. Until they cause a problem for me its none of my fucking business and the same goes for you.

not all people live vicariously through thier pets. i own pit bulls because rescue was a big draw for me and theres no other breed more in need. I also choose to own them because i throroughly enjoy thier temperment and personality.
3/27/09 1:43 PM
Cha0s008

LOL @ goats being more playful than dogs. No, no they aren't.
3/27/09 5:58 PM
Cha0s008

Edited: 03/27/09 5:58 PM
I haven't read your second post yet, but I don't know goats? LOL, I fucking have two goats!

I'm not denying how nice and well behaved and playful they can be. Just not to the point of a dog imo.
3/27/09 6:01 PM
Cha0s008

Edited: 03/27/09 6:04 PM
As for your second post, I'm not gonna say I have more experience than you, because I obviously don't.

However, I'm thinking that you being attacked as a child has caused you to continually put dogs down, and has given you ill feelings towards them.
3/27/09 6:43 PM
Cha0s008

wizzy - no, I don't have ill feelings towards dogs at all, as long as they know their place around me. I won't tolerate someones dog grabbing my hamburger out of my hand any more than I would someone I don't know sticking their finger in my ear.

You don't have ill feelings toward them yet you think that the majority of them should not even exist? Hmmmm, sounds like you DO have something against them.
3/28/09 10:45 PM
MikeZev
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont know what kind of training you're into and i cant say that i have more experience. i personally spend time at least 2 days a week at the city animal shelter and handle maybe 4-8 new dogs per week. i sit in on thier formal temperment evaluations and help test dogs with cats/kids/other dogs.

i understand your viewpoint wizzy and you are entitled to it. i also agree that many many of the dogs walking around today should not exist not because i dislike dogs but because i see so many euthanized, poorly bred or aggressive/fearful dogs.
11/30/09 1:18 PM
Humboldt JuiJitsu
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have owned as a child (In order of appearance):
Black Lab
Australian Shephard
Jack Russell Terrier
AmStaff (2)
Rottweiler

Currently own:
Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog

Would own:
English/ Olde English/ or French Bulldog
Beagle (youngest son wants one something fierce)

Would never own:
Toy Breeds - Designer purse dogs. 
11/30/09 1:50 PM
MikeZev

humboldt - i got your friend request but since i'm a mudnamer i cant accept. dont be offended!
11/30/09 7:08 PM
Humboldt JuiJitsu
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No worries Mike.  Someone needs to make you blue (I would if I could - but things are a little tight this month for the kid).

I will just spam the board for your advice until we can get your blue name straightened out.  ;)
12/1/09 12:08 PM
MikeZev

oh and btw, aside from some basic obedience/minor behavioral issues or weight pull, i dont know much at all about training. but good luck with the dog though!
12/1/09 7:38 PM
lordbreakdown
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/09 7:39 PM
edit

12/7/09 5:06 PM
Morgz
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total JJ - Breeds I'd own...

Dutch Shepherd
Malinois
German Shepherds Dog
Jack Russell Terrier

I would own every single one of those, and also:

Beagle
12/7/09 5:08 PM
Morgz
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris colquitt - no one said anything about a great dane huh?

i used think a big dog would be hard to own.

i can't see ever owning anything other than them now.

I love Danes but like I think someone else mentioned their short life span.  I really grow attached to my pets, and I have heard of Dane's running their course in 7-8 years.  That would crush me.
6/23/10 11:30 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/10 11:30 AM
Dogs I would own

Westie-Own one now. Best dog I've ever had
Rot-Owned one, great dog. Played when it was time and was good with people

Doberman-Met many of these that have been not aggressive and GREAT family dogs.

Collie- had one as a kid and he was awesome\

Rodesian Ridgeback-This seems like the perfect dog when I get some land

Never owm:

Shih Tzu0- I think they are not intellisgent

Chow Chow-reminds me of a baboon

Toy Breeds-My dad feed one chili once and killed it
6/23/10 1:11 PM
MichaelVronsky

my list is still very pit bull centric..
6/28/10 11:31 PM
BigEyedFish
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love my Boston Terrier - she is the greatest fricking dog...Ive recently met a Boerbel (South African MAstiff) and loved it. would love to own that.
6/29/10 1:49 PM
Morgz

I think I saw one of those Boerbel dogs on the Dog Whisperer a year or two back.  It was a beast.  Good looking dog, too.
1/12/11 8:36 PM
hounddoggy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldnt Own
any toy breed
pit, rott, any self protection dog
any dorky long haired sight hound

Would
any scent hound - any coonhound, bloodhound, beagle, basset etc. aroooo!
1/12/11 9:22 PM
BigEyedFish
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a pic of the boerboel I met.  Not a full grown dog yet but really nice pup

1/19/11 3:15 PM
Morgz

That Boerboel is an awesome looking dog
1/20/11 12:06 AM
BigEyedFish

yeah she sure is a cool lookin dog
1/20/11 3:04 AM
effertime
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Normally I don't like smaller dogs, but I have to say that the the dog I bonded to the most was a Corgi that my ex-gf had.

That little fucker was the bees-knees. Super fun. Good attitude. Lots of character. Just an all around awesome dog. I'd get one in a heart beat.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.