UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Habenero recepie/help...

9/28/08 8:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Columi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend of mine just hooked up a big old bag of home grown Habeneros...my question to y'all is what should I do with them? BTW I have no problem with heat or spice so feel free to burn my intestines!
9/28/08 12:26 PM
crescentwrench
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay then. 

Take the stemmed habaneros, about the same amount of onion, a few garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and fine chop in a food processor.  It's sort of a salsa, sort of a relish, but different.  I do that with jalapenos but you got no problem with heat so I say go for it!

Or substitute habaneros in any salsa recipe.

I can't think of any dishes where it wouldn't destroy.  Maybe some hot stew or Thai dish using habaneros? 

Usually if I come across a lot of them either half the batch will spoil or the majority of them will get eaten on a dare. 
9/29/08 10:46 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eat a piece of one to give yourself an idea of the flavor and heat. They have a really nice fruity flavor that works better with fruit dishes than other peppers. You might want to try some peach or mango salsa.
9/29/08 12:56 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I made some ABT's the other weekend, and after washing my hands went to take a leak. I guess I had some jalapeno oil on my hand still or something, because my dick burned like a bitch for a good hour.

So anyways, don't rub your dick on them.
9/30/08 1:33 PM
Extendo
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to dip your pecker in a glass of homo milk if you ever get pepper oils on them.
9/30/08 2:40 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shibby is correct.. use mangos to offset the heat and you'll actually taste the flavor. it's actually not bad if you can taste it without dying.

just remember to wear gloves when handling them especially if you wear contacts
9/30/08 6:01 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - You need to dip your pecker in a glass of homo milk if you ever get pepper oils on them.

I might just have to try that for fun!
9/30/08 7:18 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smoke some of 'em.
10/3/08 7:33 PM
warcake
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remove stem and seeds inside. Stuff them with jack cheese and bacon, dip them in an egg wash, then flour and deep fry till golden brown.
10/7/08 9:14 AM
Columi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did three things with the Habs, all with great results.

First all were capped, stememed and seeded.

10 were stuffed with a mixture of Ricotta cheese, chives, garlic salt then dipped in batter (a mixture of paprika flour and half a bottle of Negra Modella) and fried.

10 were stuffed with a mixture of Chorizo and raw shrimp then wrapped in bacon and grilled.

Another 10 were stuffed with chorizo and chopped dried dates, wrapped in bacon and grilled.

BTW grilling the Habs definately gave them more heat than deep frying them did.

Everyone loved them, they tasted great, will def. do this again.

I still have about a dozen Habs left over with which Im planning on making a hbanero hot sauce out of...will let y'all know!
10/7/08 11:27 AM
Tys

Nice, did you get any juice on your weiner?
10/7/08 4:00 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, thank you for the ass of fire today.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.