UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> A place to host and sell your MMA photos

9/29/08 11:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
backfistmedia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Backfist Media, Owner

I've been working on a site to host and sell MMA photos...I'd like to build it up into a MMA stock photography site where magazines, blogs, books, newspapers, or even people who want cool MMA photos to print. You can host your photos here where they will be protected from people trying to hotlink or steal them (thanks to a copyright watermark on every photo, hidden directories, disabled right-click, and hidden photo names) or you can put up your photos to sell them and make a commission of 75%. You can set your own prices or use the default pricing scheme.

MMA Prints is the site...please check it out and ask any questions here, via IM, or through the site contact form!
9/30/08 9:14 AM
Tokyudo

I posted a pic on there but I had to remove it.

It was a shot of GSP I got at the post-fight press conference. I forgot that the UFC are real sticklers when it comes to pictures and I wasn't actually credentialed as the photographer for that event. Hopefully I will be able to post more good shots in the future.
9/30/08 10:13 AM
backfistmedia

Backfist Media, Owner
Ohhhh, I know who you are now!

I saw that and I was wondering why you took it down...glad to hear it wasn't because the site sucked. :)

It's such a slowwww process to get the site built up, but once it has a few thousand photos, I'm going to advertise like crazy!
9/30/08 2:50 PM
Tokyudo

I really like the site concept. I think it's the first of its kind for MMA. I will post more pictures over time.

I hope it takes off for you.
10/1/08 4:52 PM
backfistmedia

Backfist Media, Owner
 Thanks!

There's definitely some recognition and a few bucks to be made by photographers if enough people start uploading photos. Most of the money goes back to the photographers (75%)...
11/19/08 12:16 AM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is a great idea. i hope you have some success with the site.
11/19/08 12:17 AM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tokyudo - I posted a pic on there but I had to remove it.

It was a shot of GSP I got at the post-fight press conference. I forgot that the UFC are real sticklers when it comes to pictures and I wasn't actually credentialed as the photographer for that event. Hopefully I will be able to post more good shots in the future.

if you took the pic, wouldn't it still be your property? to do with as you see fit?
11/23/08 3:15 PM
backfistmedia

Backfist Media, Owner
I think he can...unless there was a rule against those without press passes taking photos/video.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.