UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Going Back to Cali

9/30/08 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any California Lawyers in here? Any in So-Cal? I am graduating from law school in Chicago this year - and have been working for the biggest Plaintiff's firm in Chicago for the last year.

So in making the transition I'll likely have to work in a defense firm unless I decide to start my own shit correct?

Anyone know of anyone hiring? I'm in California all the time - I will fly down for an interview whenever.

If not Bflex please send me the info you posted once on how to start your own practice quick...cuz I think I'm pretty much fucked trying to find a contact all the way across the country with no experience right out of school.
10/1/08 1:33 AM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

which school?
10/1/08 8:56 AM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty boy - hit me up with your email.
10/1/08 10:26 AM
goku

why dont you work for this mega plaintiff's firm. now is not the time to take risks.
10/1/08 4:00 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku - I would if I could but there is a family issue that really leaves me no choice but to leave. Which really sucks career wise because I have spent over a year building connections in Chicago with the big wigs at my current firm.

Sometimes family just has to come first. Anyway if you guys know any friends that are thinking about taking on a new associate let me know.
10/2/08 3:56 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prettyboy - you have mail
10/6/08 2:45 PM
Lucificate

hey bflex, can you shoot me an email as well? my bro and I are about to try and jump out on our own to save our sanity. if you have any useful info or any time where I could just pick your brain a bit through email you could, potentially, have a new best friend

addy is t0mmy@ufl.edu (zero after the 't')
10/6/08 7:07 PM
bflex

No prob.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.