UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> I JUST ATE (part 3) :

10/1/08 2:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

App:
Duck, Carrot, Cucumber and Green Onion Wrapped in Rice Paper, Blond Frisee and Stilton Cheese Peach and Pine nuts, Passion Fruit Dressing (2nd time having this)

My MAIN:
Baby Bok Choy, Saffron Sauce, Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Tapanade, Smoked Muscovy Duck Breast, Duck Confit, Leek and Wild Mushroom Stuffed Apple

Wife's MAIN:
Duo of Lamb Chops and Lamb Osso Buco with Mediterranean Crust, Grilled Vegetable Tower

Our Friends MAINS:
-Grilled Chicken Breast with Hoisin Glaze, Apple, Allspice and Drunken Raisin Couscous
-Baby Bok Choy, Charred Tomato Salsa, Deep Fried Onions, Olive Jus Lime Sake Marinated Jumbo Scallops and Shrimp, Truffle Angel Hair Pasta, Soy Butter Sauce, Chili Oil

I had the ginger creme brule again for desert and the others had the chocolate cake.

We were also given, compliments of the Chef, a small pastry app. Not sure what was in it but it was goood. It looked like a small pastry bag tied at the top. Very rich.

Oh and the cool part was when we got there, they knew who I was. I didnt even get a chance to say my last name and reservation time. The server kinda shoo'ed me off to our table. I think being in a wheelchair is somewhat memorable. Its like we're regulars there(we kinda are I guess).
The Chef/owner himself came out as well to ask us how everything was. Very cool.

Pics soon.
10/1/08 6:49 PM
crescentwrench
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a wheelchair?  I didn't know that.  HOW CAN HE COOK!?!!?  HOW CAN HE COOK ME!!?!?!?

And that all sounds outstanding.  Except the epic fail of going to a place like that and ordering chicken.  Please tell me it was a girl at least.
10/1/08 9:55 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf pics?
10/3/08 4:16 PM
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pics SOON i said!!

Yes a woman did order the chicken.

I'M in the wheelchair, not the cook!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.