UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Most physical pain you've experienced

10/2/08 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting a knife wound in my leg sown up without anesthesia.   No kidding.

e.rambo
10/2/08 11:43 AM
Clichy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kidney Stones, nothing else has even come close.
10/2/08 11:50 AM
BJ > DORKUS

Paper cut on my eyeball. Horrible, nausea-inducing pain every time I blinked or moved my eye for 3-4 days.
10/2/08 11:51 AM
Govnor

I can't remember exactly when it was because the pain basically turned me into a vegetable, but I know it was a CSG thread from about the middle of last year. I'll try and find it.
10/2/08 11:55 AM
FP101

2nd degree burns on half of my back, after being on fire. Took off my shirt, and could see skin hanging off of me.

Went to the ER, and they had to scrub it to clean it. I wanted to knockout every Dr. and nurse in that place it was so painful.

Went to a family doctor the next day to have the dressings changed, he said that was too big of a burn for him to work with, so I had to wait another day. By the next day, the gauze and wraps had scabbed to my back. They had to rip that off my back. There were chunks of skin laying on the table, I think I saw God a couple times! Most painful experience EVER. I was puking, dry-heaving...not much fun.

I had to go to outpatient therapy for a month or so. They would sit me in a hot tub to loosen the dead skin, then scrub and re-dress the wound. Worst month of my life.

The other was when I got hit in the face with a line drive in a high school baseball game. Shattered my jaw, a plastic surgeon had to put it back together. I still have a steel plate and 3 screws in my jaw.

Wasn't so much painful, as it was more of a pain in the ass. I was a skinny high school punk, and lost 30 pounds when my jaw was wired shut. I looked like Christian Bale in "The Machinist". Gained about 50 lbs back over the summer because my metabolism was so slow.
10/2/08 11:56 AM
Rali
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've done so many stupid things in my life and paid for it with a physical injury but I would say getting punch full force to the balls tops the list.

I was winning a fight and looking like a superstar doing so. I started showboating and the other guy leaned over and punched me square in the testies. It was a clear shot and the fight was over. I threw up all day and most of the night. I few days later someone opened the car door and it hit me in the junk. I still get dizzy when I think about it.
10/2/08 12:13 PM
TOSH COOK
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Torn LCL and PCL. Not the injury so much as the reconstructive surgery.
10/2/08 12:16 PM
jason hornbuckle

breaking a rib was the worst i ever had. couldn't breathe or talk for like 10 minutes
10/2/08 12:40 PM
meow mix
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After 30 hours of labor, the spinal before the c-section was the worst pain I've ever experienced, hands down.  Labor was a breeze, I'd have another kid it was so easy.  The spinal, just cut me open without it thanks.
10/2/08 12:43 PM
dragoon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

staph infection right above my knee...pure agony
10/2/08 12:45 PM
BlackJesus
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kidney stone
10/2/08 12:45 PM
filfy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

swinging on an iron gate with my finger in the hinge when i was a kid.
10/2/08 12:55 PM
BigKiller

I have chronic mid-back pain due to 5 degenerative discs and other pain related to 7 knee ops, torn triceps, broken fingers and shoulder surgery.
10/2/08 12:56 PM
AngryFoamy
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FP101 - 2nd degree burns on half of my back, after being on fire. Took off my shirt, and could see skin hanging off of me.

Went to the ER, and they had to scrub it to clean it. I wanted to knockout every Dr. and nurse in that place it was so painful.

Went to a family doctor the next day to have the dressings changed, he said that was too big of a burn for him to work with, so I had to wait another day. By the next day, the gauze and wraps had scabbed to my back. They had to rip that off my back. There were chunks of skin laying on the table, I think I saw God a couple times! Most painful experience EVER. I was puking, dry-heaving...not much fun.

I had to go to outpatient therapy for a month or so. They would sit me in a hot tub to loosen the dead skin, then scrub and re-dress the wound. Worst month of my life.

The other was when I got hit in the face with a line drive in a high school baseball game. Shattered my jaw, a plastic surgeon had to put it back together. I still have a steel plate and 3 screws in my jaw.

Wasn't so much painful, as it was more of a pain in the ass. I was a skinny high school punk, and lost 30 pounds when my jaw was wired shut. I looked like Christian Bale in "The Machinist". Gained about 50 lbs back over the summer because my metabolism was so slow.
Jesus Christ!  what did you do wrong in your last life.  

That burn story had me covering my mouth with my hand.  Sorry bro, hope you're ok now.

10/2/08 1:08 PM
BMF12

Getting staples removed from a broken leg surgery - without any novacaine or pain killers. Slow and methodic picking/sharp pain sensation...staple by staple.

The actual broken leg incident didn't hurt at all. I didn't realize the fibula & tibia were broken until I started walking on it and my foot was at a 90 degree angle from my leg.

Felt an incredible tugging sensation but very little pain - definitely due to adrenaline.
10/2/08 1:16 PM
McBooger

epididymitis :(
10/2/08 1:47 PM
FP101

AngryFoamy - 
FP101 - 2nd degree burns on half of my back, after being on fire. Took off my shirt, and could see skin hanging off of me.

Jesus Christ!  what did you do wrong in your last life.  

That burn story had me covering my mouth with my hand.  Sorry bro, hope you're ok now.

AngryFoamy - I'm fine now, just a little scarring on my back. Not sure what I did in my last life...must have been a real prick though!

I had surgery last February on my bladder. That wasn't fun at all. The pain coupled w/ the constipation from the painkillers really sucked. I overdid it a bit w/ the Metamucil...not good. I had some close calls with almost shitting my bed while half asleep.
10/2/08 1:52 PM
Midleah

FP101, you're the only one here who will truly survive the zombie apocalypse.
10/2/08 1:58 PM
mister deez

I sprained my ankle very badly once playing basketball, it had already turned a little and someone stepped directly on the joint pushing it to a 90° angle. I ended up on crutches for over a month. It hurt like freakin hell when it happened but that wasn't the painful part.

Two days after my sprain the ankle is still swollen to like 3 times the size. My Mom decides to take me to a traditional chinese doctor. His "treatment" for my freshly sprained ankle was to hold me down and force the ankle through its natural range of motion for about a half hour. I screamed the whole time. I always stick with Modern western medicine now.
10/2/08 2:03 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHEN I WOKE UP DURING GETTING MY WISDOM TEETH PULLED OUT. THEY WEREN'T EVEN OUT YET EITHER, THEY HAD TO CUT MY GUMS OPEN TO PRY THEM OUT.

THE ANASTHESIOLOGIST DIDN'T PUT ENOUGH OF THAT SHIT IN ME & I WOKE UP TO THE DOCTOR TWISTING & PULLING ONE OF MY WISDOM TEETH OUT. I REMEMBER THE CRACKING SOUND AS THE ROOT BROKE OFF & THE PAIN THAT SHOT THROUGH MY WHOLE BODY.  IT FELT LIKE HE WAS PRYING A PIECE OF MY JAW OFF MY FACE.  THE PAIN WAS INDESCRIBABLE.
10/2/08 2:20 PM
tourist
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I was totally awake.

It was in the oral surgeon's private office, and he had me holding stuff for him during the extraction. I think his nurse must have had the day off.

At one point this dude had his knee on my chest and is pulling away. There were little bone chips flying about.

He had me on some kind of heavy anesthesia.

I went out drinking that night and had a great time. I think I was 15 years old.
10/2/08 3:29 PM
liquifaction

acl/mcl
10/2/08 3:29 PM
Yuki

gout
10/2/08 4:22 PM
Jump Kick
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for all of the laughs. 

"while taking a piss in a bathroom at a bar I was stabbed in the ass with a knife" - Russfromlowell

"Getting a railroad spike driven into the back of my forearm." - cbia 

"Once, as a child, when my eye was pierced with a stick..." - paw

"Paper cut on my eyeball. Horrible, nausea-inducing pain every time I blinked or moved my eye for 3-4 days." - BJ > DORKUS

DETAILS?!

10/2/08 4:34 PM
GracieDisc
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Collapsed lung.

But it appears after reading all these posts, I've gotten off easy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.