UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Most physical pain you've experienced

10/2/08 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CPracer16
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I took a shot in the face in a hockey turnament in Indianoplis in 04. Rising shot to the side of my face, I crushed my zigomatic arch, they cut my skull above my ear went in and pushed my skull back out and stapled my head up.

The pain from the shot was undescribable.
10/2/08 4:45 PM
Knux

Edited: 10/02/08 4:54 PM
Was dared to drop in on a small ramp with a skateboard even though I had only some experience skateboarding. Was launched into the air and fell onto my wrist, and got up immediately to punch my friend in the gut with my other hand. I even drove us home that night. My wrist started to really hurt an hour later and sleeping that night made me experience the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I didn't have insurance and didn't go to the doctor. Wrapped an ace bandage over it for 2 months and shrugged it off for the most part. Typical Armenian shit, bro. 

I've been in several car accidents (I wasn't driving!) and even broke the windshield with my head. I've gotten dropped onto my head while crowdsurfing and gotten right back up (kinda dazed, but went crowdsurfing again). I've gotten several body piercings in painful places that hurt for a good second. I've had a severe 2nd degree sunburn before. I've gotten nose surgery and had an allergic reaction to the medication so my first week of healing was fucking hell. 3 weeks after surgery, i was changing my nephew's diaper and the little shitbag kicked me in the nose causing it to bleed (my fault). 5 months after surgery, I started practicing BJJ and got crossfaced causing my nose to bleed. I've had all 4 of my wisom teeth extracted, 2 of them were impacted.

None of these things could compare to that skateboard incident. That night was pretty horrible. I felt helpless when I couldn't button my own jeans for a good week.

10/2/08 4:51 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeboSaab - Without question it was one of my wisdom teeth rotting away. The mantle just decayed super fast when I was completely broke and 1 week out from college finals, I didn't have time to fuck with it and couldn't get a dentists apointment. They say masochists don't enjoy bad tooth pain and I see why, it was completely ridiculous, on a different plane from any sort of physical pain.

Took a 130 mph serve to my balls in Tennis, broken bones in BJJ and Judo, all sorts of shit, none of it comes close to rotted out tooth.

True , teeth hurt but not as bad as a stone. At least you know said tooth can be yanked.
10/2/08 5:06 PM
Bailx
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tristanandrews04 - Kidney stone....Coming from someone who has had multiple surgeries, broken bones, staples, stitches nothing compares to a kidney stone for me...

shit you sound like me... i've passed a couple stones and thought i was dying...

but last years back injury (which was a recurring injury from highschool) was the worst ever...

i would literally just get stuck in positions (and if i moved it would trigger the shift)... my friend who was there said he'd never seen somebody scream in such pain...fucking nurses at the hospital took 4 hours to finally give me something too...

back injuries can be the worst, if things get all fucked up inside there i guess.... i know i have never experienced anything close to it... i had nightmares of that same pain for months after that...

bent my knee backwards last summer... thats not so fun... still hyperextends when i try to stretch it...

i could go on i suppose... basically the idea here is injuries suck... even when you think you're being careful they can happen... just the way it goes i guess.
10/2/08 5:51 PM
Freeman
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. This thread makes me cringe.

I remember cracking my kneecap on the hard tile floor once in gym class when I was young and it hurt bad.
I also remember an extremely painful shot into the roof of my mouth (hard palate?) for a tooth extraction. That was awful.
In 4th grade I got my big toe crushed by a soccer goal that me and about 15 other kids were flipping over for some reason. The heavy metal goal slammed down right on my big toe and I had to wear a cut-open shoe on that foot for a few weeks so of course I got made fun of. One fucking bitch actually stomped directly on my foot later when she knew I had a crushed toe. Thank GOD it had healed by then and it didn't really hurt.

Sounds like I've gotten off pretty easily compared to the kidney stones, BURNS, and broken bone sticking out of hotshots ass cheek! (LOL, sorry it must have sucked but that made me laugh).
10/2/08 6:12 PM
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/02/08 6:18 PM
Had a wisdom tooth out. Some bacteria entered the socket, followed my jawbone down and I wound up with a softball sized infection on the side of my face.Vertebra slipped out of place due to a muscle spasm. That was, interesting, but I was still able to function - kind of.

Geez, this is like a bad dream that I keep remembering. Tore a groin muscle. For 2 weeks, every morning when I'd wake up, the little movements you make when you move around while half asleep would make it feel like someone stretched all the strings away from guitar and then let them slam back into it. The treatment was worse. A PT put her hand, up to the 2nd knuckle, into my belly and kneaded it like a loaf of bread.
10/2/08 6:20 PM
TheScottishLion

The Gout's quite painful, however the most pain I have ever had was from back spasms due to a 30 foot whipper while rock climbing.

I fell while on lead and hit a ledge on the way down, which resulted in my shoulder blades touching my ass. About 2 weeks into recovery I would wake up from sleep moaning uncontrollably with back spasms. My torso would be contracted so tightly that I had to sip air to take a breath.
10/2/08 6:29 PM
Rali
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ > DORKUS - Paper cut on my eyeball. Horrible, nausea-inducing pain every time I blinked or moved my eye for 3-4 days.

That sounds pretty fucken painful.
10/2/08 6:37 PM
tjmitch
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I had that big open wound on my calf, twice a day they would pull the packing out of it. Even with the dilaoted that still fucking hurt like you wouldn't believe.
10/2/08 7:14 PM
Mit
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 hernias. Both times I had to mentally will my poop out cause pushing would cause me to almost pass out.
10/2/08 7:36 PM
Mr McFeely
1029 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torn rotator cuff
10/2/08 7:56 PM
mrzipplokk
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I awoke from my rotator cuff surgery, it took 6 staff members to hold me still. While they hit me with a second shot of morphine.

Not fun.
10/2/08 8:11 PM
PR
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passed out in pain the night of my surgery to remove my appendix. Worst night of my life.

Also extremely painful, was a treatment my doctor did to me to relieve my neck muscles after AI got rear-ended in a car accident.

He injected sterile water into my neck in between my skin and the muscle. I could feel the water spreading in a widening circular pattern starting obviously from the point the needle entered my neck, and it was excrutiating pain as it forced the the tight muscles to expand.. (that was the theory)

It felt as if someone was ripping open the back of the neck with ultra-cold teeth. I just couldnt help but emit this primal scream. Holy crap it was brutal.

Ive never forgiven my doc for not telling me it would hurt a lot.

He was supposed to do a second injection... and while I dont pretend to be a super-tough guy - I usually can suck it up and take the pain for the greater good. But man I could not withstand the thought of taking a second injection on the otherside of the neck.

Turns out it was a fucking waste too. Did nothing. Physio helped tremendously though.
10/2/08 8:28 PM
Zoso
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was 6...yes 6 I had a terrible 3 wheeler accident. Basically my dad left me with my uncle, who left me with my 9 year old cousin, and we decided I could drive.

What do I do? I hammer the throttle all the way down and it sticks. So it does a wheelie and dumps my cousin off. I hold on and it goes back level, but I can't steer well enough, so basically I drove it up the side of a barn, where it somehow did a flip and landed on me with the throttle stuck. Then the knobby tires proceeded to leave 3rd degree friction burns the length of my right arm, and most of the length of my left arm. It completely and totally took off all clothing I had on and was begin to does it's damage there when my cousin pushed the 3 wheeler off me where it drove until it hit a river bed about 1/2 mile away.

End result, a lot of 3rd degree FRICTION burns, and 2 broken arms and missing nearly a month of school. Dealing with the burns was as bad as anything. They made me dip them in alcohol, wrap them in cause, use some burn cream, etc. Basically every night peel the bandages off and they would be thoroughly stuck, treat them, and repeat. Keep in mind my arms were broke and could not be set due to the severe burns.

23 years later I got a big burn scar on my right arm that is probably 4" long and a good 1" wide...and it is surrounded by light scaring. Hooray for growing up.
10/2/08 8:50 PM
Cire
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoever said that constant pain is much worse than a single big pain is correct. Waking up every night in pain sucks ass. My foot was partially run over by a forklift. It did not hurt much immediately, but it permantly fucked up a nerve that has/will give me constant brutal pain for the rest of my life. Lyrica is helps tremedously.

Another time, I was on a balcony that collapsed(hangman style) and my left leg/foot hit a fence below blowing out my knee(ACL, Menicus, bone damage). I was in shock at first then pain hit, only god and the docs know how bad that was.

But, probably the most painful short term pain was finger injuries. I have broken/dislocated every finger at least once. Normally I go though proper healing procedures, but in two major VBall tourneys, I had a finger dislocated. I reset, taped, and kept on playing. Every movement was shear pain, blocks put me in tears, but, I had to go on. And during breaks, I gave it the ice baths, the fire-throbing pain put my mind in another location.
10/2/08 8:53 PM
dizzlesnap

Had my cock pierced twice, and then had it gauged to a 10 from a 14. Not smart.

J
10/2/08 8:59 PM
FP101

I had a cavity filled tonight w/ no drugs...that didn't feel good. When the drill hits the nerve, ouch!
10/3/08 1:09 AM
jude099
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

broke my shin a la pele landi-john when i was 13. tore all the cartilage connecting my sternum to my ribs. that was the worst. it hurt every time i moved for about a year.
10/3/08 3:31 AM
bigD13B
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tearing ligaments in my ankle from a wrestling throw...

Getting a stress fracture in my back from endless hours playing basketball and doing plyometrics...

And this wasn't a big injury pain or anything... But was 10/10 on the stong-o-meter!!! I had a bunch of popped blisters on my hand from doign one too many rope climbs. And I had wrestling practice coming up. I didn't want them to get full of sweat n stuff and end up infected. So I thought maybe I could cover them with super glue. That shit stung with the intestity of a thousand white hot suns!!!! And 10 minutes into practice the glue was gone :( Worst ever!!!
10/3/08 7:50 AM
complexsimpleton
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/08 7:51 AM
I too have done the icyhot masturbation and I will expound more. people who have never done it before may not think much of it but it was about 60 seconds of hell i would do almost anything to never experience again.I am upstairs alone and my family was downstairs doing something.Skinemax is on and icy hot is available, hmnn combo?So i grab a glob of it and slather it on. The first 10 seconds were pretty good, i felt a slight tingling sensation and a cooling Mentholatum effect.THEN BAM! A FIERY INFERNO MORE SCORCHING THAN A 1000 WHITE HOT SUNS.EVERY IOTA OF EVERY CELL FELT LIKE IT HAD BEEN SATURATED IN LIQUID FIRE. IT WAS ALL I COULD DO NOT SCREAM, I WANTED TO RIP MY EYES OUT AND DIE RIGHT THERE.The worst of it was any that touched your sac.It was like, acid, needles, fire, and glass all in one. the pain was so acute all i could do was pray that i would die or it would end and i could not scream because it would alert my family. I was a broken man shivering and muttering gurgling sounds in a breathless heap.Somehow i stumbled out of the room to the bathroom next door and turned on the bath full blast and just let the water soothe what i assumed to be the remains of my incinerated genitals.i sat there with my pants around my ankles, laced with sweat,delirious, in shock and with the biggest feeling of relief you can imagine and thought to myself; wow, i'm a god damned idiot.needless to say i never got too adventurous again for a long time and just stuck to the basics.

also I had an abscessed tooth and had to wait a while to get to the doctor.The pain would drop me immediately and all i could do was clutch my head and moan. I must have went through 20 bottles of oragel.
10/3/08 8:01 AM
aegix

Edited: 10/03/08 8:02 AM
 cut off two fingers in a tablesaw that hurt pretty good, but didn't ever get to a 10 out of 10 pain, even afterwards.

I ruptured my Achilles tendon playing rugby and when my muscles were cooling down, the cramp in my calf actually caused me to breathe like I was in Lamaze (no tendon, no abilities to stretch the muscle). 

10/3/08 8:14 AM
Lahi
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/03/08 8:26 AM
BeboSaab - "Without question it was one of my wisdom teeth rotting away. The mantle just decayed super fast when I was completely broke and 1 week out from college finals, I didn't have time to fuck with it and couldn't get a dentists apointment. They say masochists don't enjoy bad tooth pain and I see why, it was completely ridiculous, on a different plane from any sort of physical pain.Took a 130 mph serve to my balls in Tennis, broken bones in BJJ and Judo, all sorts of shit, none of it comes close to rotted out tooth."

I've had several broken bones (one shattered), had a thumb shoved in my eye working juvenille hall, had a long screwdriver jammed into my gut by accident when I was a kid. None of it came close to when I had a wisdom tooth rot to the point where part of the tooth broke away, and the nerve was completely exposed. I had to wait a week to have it worked on, and the meds did almost nothing to take the edge off. If a kidney stone hurts worse than that, I don't want to find out:)
10/3/08 8:22 AM
Thor
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOUT! Most people who get an attack of gout get what is actually a very mild attack in the big toe. I used to get chronic gout attacks due to compromised kidney function. I got it a few times in the arch of the foot and it was excrutiating. The pain does not go away it only gets worse. I literally would writhe around on the floor like a snake when I would change levels with my foot.
10/3/08 8:55 AM
cakegirl
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a tumour the size of a tennis ball pulled out a half-inch hole cut in my belly. Three weeks later and I could only just bend enough to sit in a car.
10/3/08 9:16 AM
_goldplatedeyes_
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broke two vertebrates doing take-down drills. Was kneed HARD in the head of the penis. Both made me scream, but the cock shot made me lose out on getting laid that night as it was purple and swollen. So that makes it worse.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.