UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Most physical pain you've experienced

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/3/08 10:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dennisv
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having my right wrist set after breaking and dislocating it. I could feel the bones rubbing all the way to my shoulder.
10/3/08 10:41 AM
DaveM
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

testicular torsion
10/3/08 12:03 PM
cbia
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OceanMinded - 

Migrane headached since I was a kid. (earliest I can remember is about 10) Throwing up sure mkaes a migrane feel better!!! (/sarcasm) I get nerve block injections in my head that have helped immensely, but everything else I just live with.

My ex suffers from chronic migraines too. They have tried everything including occipital nerve blocks, anti-seizure medication, high and low dose opiates (can't really do NSAIDs because of stomach issues), relaxants, etc. One thing that did work for a while was botox injections in the hairline area (above the forehead). Something to look into anyway.
10/3/08 1:20 PM
1shotkill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one time my friend kicked me so hard in the balls that my voice got all high-pitched just like the cartoons.
11/7/08 10:54 AM
Jump Kick
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/7/08 11:12 AM
cold2244

3 words..Open Heart Surgery
11/7/08 11:15 AM
Jump Kick
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"3 words..Open Heart Surgery"

Details?
11/7/08 11:19 AM
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When i was 15, I tried hurdling a fence.  I did not clear it and clipped the top of my foot on the top of my fence and did a complete flip.  Broke my left shoulder and 3 of my ribs on my right side.  I woke up with people around me seeing if i was ok.  I could not answer because i could not breathe.  I knocked the wind out of myself and turned purple.  My buddy thought it was the funniest thing i have ever seen.
11/7/08 11:30 AM
cold2244

I had endocarditis, which was a staph infection on my mitral valve. Long story short they had to get it off in fear of the vegetation flickin off to my brain. So scared shitless i said cut me open (mind you im only 21). Got some good sedatives to calm me down preop. Woke up wiht tubes everywhere, my dick, my neck , my chest. All juiced up on morphine i was in terrible pain for about 2 weeks. The worst was the PA's came in and removed my chest tubes that drain fluid from your lungs, it felt like my insides were going to come out with the tubes. The cathedar (sp?) comming out was also not as pleasant but in relative terms to the chest tubes was little to no pain.
11/7/08 12:11 PM
BSB

I may have a winner here:

In 1991, I worked for a company that liquidated businesses that had failed and gone into receivership. So, at this one place, a huge furniture manufacturer, people had sabotaged some of the machinery left behind. I hopped on a standing tow motor to move a skid and the brakes had been disabled and the guard removed from the back. The machine was locked in reverse and it took off and crushed me between the tow motor and the wall. I was hurt but alive, and when I went to step off the machine, I fell over because apparently when it went to crush me, I rose my leg up to stop it and the force completely shattered my left leg from the knee down. I looked down and could see my mangled foot inches from my knee, the entire lower part of leg basically exploded on contact.

After a very long operation and over a year recovery you would hardly know I had this injury. It's full of steel plates and 21 surgical screws, but I can walk, run, and train with little effect, so hats off to modern orthopedic surgery.

B
11/7/08 12:22 PM
mjm345
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/08 12:23 PM
When I was ten I fell off my bike and somehow the kickstand got jammed in my thigh and I had to pull it out and hobble home. That was pretty bad.

Got a large flat piece of wood jammed under my big toenail. Had to sit in the ER in New Orleans for three hours before being seen. Then got a shot of anasthetic right into the tip of the toe to numb it before they cut off the nail. Literally hurt so bad I laughed because I was delerious with pain.

I have broken bones, fallen off a roof onto concrete...The toe was by far the worst.
11/7/08 12:25 PM
mjm345
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh also while clipping my fingernails, a clipping flew into my eye and got syuck underneath my eyelid. That didn't feel good either.
11/7/08 12:56 PM
DPSalmon
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had almost completely worn out my hip socket, so my hip would constantly slide in an out of place during activity. It got to a point where I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes. While that was pretty painful, it was NOTHING compared to the pain I experienced when I woke up from them fixing it.

I had an operation called a Ganz Osteotome. The surgeon sawed my hip socket out of my body, hollowed it out some, rotated it, pinned it back into place. Then cut my oblique pulled that down a little and re-attatched that. They also grafted muscles from behind my abdomen and put them in my hip to help support it. The surgery lasted about 9 hours. When they moved me from my recovery bed onto my hospital room bed, it hurt so badly that I thought I was going to die. I was screaming profanity at the top of my lungs, and went from somewhat hazy and tired to wide awake and pissed off. They gave me a button to push every 4 or 6 minutes to drip morphene. There was nothing more disheartening than pushing the button only to hear it beep, letting me know that it was too soon to get some of the sweet nectar that made me feel only slightly less pain.

The 5-6 days a week for at least an hour for 6 months that I spent in rehab after was certainly no walk in the park, either.

I was wrestling on scholarship at a division I University at the time, and tried to come back and compete the next season, but it proved to be a little bit too much.
11/7/08 1:21 PM
ThugLife

I stubbed my toe last night. That kind of hurt.
11/7/08 1:36 PM
NorthFromHere
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ate a good knee kick, which completely crushed my nose. Oh the agony after the adrenaline rush went off...
11/7/08 1:43 PM
hiptosser

Anal Rape but after like 30 secs it started to feel good
11/7/08 2:22 PM
Rickmassmma
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to say the worst for me was probably one of the soft tissue injuries I had in my back. Basically, it was a really bad pulled muscle, but it was the muscle that runs right under your shoulder blade in that weird spot you can hardly reach on your back. The first time it happened was during baseball tryouts sophomore year in HS. Swung weird and fell down from the pain. The initial pain felt like I got shot/stabbed something like that, and the worst part was that I couldn't catch my breath because when I took a deep breath in, it put pressure on it and it felt like I was getting stabbed again...so I'm freaking out trying to figure out how to catch my breath without breathing...sucked.

The pain afterwards wasn't too badm but that initial few minutes of shock while trying to catch my breath was brutal.

11/7/08 2:27 PM
Rickmassmma
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knee surgery was pretty bad. The surgery was fine, but the DR said he'd put some special shit in it so I'd wake up pain free, and feel nothing for a few hours before I started taking pills. Well, he must have forgotten because as soon as I opened my eyes I was in agony. I woke up and said something like holy shit, and the nurse was at my bed writing something down at the time and she just assumed it was a "holy shit I'm awake" or something like that and asked how I was feeling.

My response was "fuck me that hurts. My knee is killing me. Is it supposed to hurt this bad?"

She then turned the IV up and said it should feel better and after about a minute or two of feeling like I was going to cry, I started smacking the IV thing and asking her if she actually gave me anything. She gave me more, but it didn't help. She said she had to wait to give me pills until after I ate some crackers and juice and said I had to wait for it. It was about 30 minutes or so before they gave me pills and it hurt pretty bad.

I'm convinced the dr forgot to put the medecine he told me about it there because I've talked to several friends who had knee surgery and had no issues with pain.
11/7/08 2:32 PM
FightMeI'mIrish
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A couple years ago I had an infected tooth. It was the most horrible brain numbing pain I've ever felt. I had no insurance and absolutely no money at the time and dentists around here won't even look at you without cash in hand if you don't have insurance.

The worst part was the helplessness I felt because it hurt so bad and I didn't have any way to make it stop. The pain got so bad it took away my sanity and better judgment, and I found myself in my bathroom at 3 Am with a pair of dirty pliers trying my damnedest to pull that thing out of my head. I tried off and on for hours and I couldn't get it.
11/7/08 2:39 PM
GNPfan
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kidney stone!
11/7/08 2:56 PM
StillToStupid

I WAS SKIING WHEN I WAS STONED, ON SOME OF THAT FAKE SNOW SHIT.  WELL IT HAD RAINED, SO THAT FAKE SNOW WAS REAL ICE.

WENT DOWN THE (GET READY FOR THIS) BUNNY SLOPE, ON THE WAY TO THE HARDER HILLS, AND I MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY STONED BECAUSE I LOST MY BALANCE AT THE END OF A DOWNHILL, BEGINNING OF GOING UP A HILL, FELL, LANDED ON MY COLLARBONE, ROLLED OVER ON MY HEAD.

I LAID THERE, THINKING, HOLY SHIT, I JUST BROKE MY NECK.

FORTUNATELY, 10 MINUTES LATER I GOT FEELING BACK.

UNFORTUNATELY, WHEN THAT HAPPENED, I FELT MY BROKEN COLLARBONE.

AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT, THE MEDICS ON SCENE THOUGHT IT WAS A DISLOCATED SHOULDER AND THEY SHOULD TRY TO POP IT BACK INTO PLACE.

SO THEY PULLED, PUSHED, PULLED AND PUSHED SOME MORE.  FINALLY I SAID STOP, BECAUSE OF THE PAIN.  THEY DID.

THEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS A BROKEN COLLARBONE
11/7/08 2:56 PM
StillToStupid

I WAS SKIING WHEN I WAS STONED, ON SOME OF THAT FAKE SNOW SHIT.  WELL IT HAD RAINED, SO THAT FAKE SNOW WAS REAL ICE.

WENT DOWN THE (GET READY FOR THIS) BUNNY SLOPE, ON THE WAY TO THE HARDER HILLS, AND I MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY STONED BECAUSE I LOST MY BALANCE AT THE END OF A DOWNHILL, BEGINNING OF GOING UP A HILL, FELL, LANDED ON MY COLLARBONE, ROLLED OVER ON MY HEAD.

I LAID THERE, THINKING, HOLY SHIT, I JUST BROKE MY NECK.

FORTUNATELY, 10 MINUTES LATER I GOT FEELING BACK.

UNFORTUNATELY, WHEN THAT HAPPENED, I FELT MY BROKEN COLLARBONE.

AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT, THE MEDICS ON SCENE THOUGHT IT WAS A DISLOCATED SHOULDER AND THEY SHOULD TRY TO POP IT BACK INTO PLACE.

SO THEY PULLED, PUSHED, PULLED AND PUSHED SOME MORE.  FINALLY I SAID STOP, BECAUSE OF THE PAIN.  THEY DID.

THEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS A BROKEN COLLARBONE
11/7/08 2:58 PM
Mako_
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having all of my impacted wisdoms taken out at once. They had to put me out for the procedure which left huge fucking holes in my gums and monstrous scarring. I was bruised green and purple on my face and down to my sternum. I think they literally beat the shit out of me while I was out.

I was laid out of the couch for a week on percocet (sp?) painkillers. I was eating those things like candy. My mouth was stuffed with gauze and couldn't eat, as the bleeding didn't stop for 2 days.

I've had some bad shit happen with fights and stuff, hell I've even stitched my own cuts closed. But the pain from my wisdom teeth outdoes anything I've experienced by a long shot.
11/7/08 3:05 PM
StillToStupid

McBooger - epididymitis :(

HOLY SHIT, YES, DID YOUR SHIT SWELL UP LIKE A FUCKING CANTALOPE?
11/7/08 3:05 PM
StillToStupid

McBooger - epididymitis :(

HOLY SHIT, YES, DID YOUR SHIT SWELL UP LIKE A FUCKING CANTALOPE?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.