UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Most physical pain you've experienced

12/4/08 8:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
puntteam
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMeI'mIrish - A couple years ago I had an infected tooth. It was the most horrible brain numbing pain I've ever felt. I had no insurance and absolutely no money at the time and dentists around here won't even look at you without cash in hand if you don't have insurance.

The worst part was the helplessness I felt because it hurt so bad and I didn't have any way to make it stop. The pain got so bad it took away my sanity and better judgment, and I found myself in my bathroom at 3 Am with a pair of dirty pliers trying my damnedest to pull that thing out of my head. I tried off and on for hours and I couldn't get it.

Dude, I had the exact same thing happen. I had just switched jobs and had approx. 30 days until my dental kicked in. I fucking suffered right there with you, even trying the plier technique. I quit when I thought I might shatter the tooth. The pain was so bad it was making me loony.

When the pain finally "peaked", you know exactly what I mean, I went to the doctor and had my sister drive me there because I couldnt fucking see strait. This was an emergency clinic because it was a Sunday. The doctor looked at me like some fucking druggy or something and wouldnt give me anything to alleviate the pain. I made a complete ass out of myself cussing the doctor for treating me that way (im pretty non-confrontational).

Long story short, I called every old pothead I knew trying to find some painkillers and finally did. Monday my dentist took care of me until my insurance kicked in.
12/4/08 8:51 PM
clean livin'
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sourcheese - clean livin he tortured me basicaly for the first 11 years of my life until I was finaly taken away and put in varies foster homes which were almost as bad.

I was that kid you heard about that was locked in the basement for days at a time. I remember one day he made me drink some concotion of horseradish and viniger and salt and pepper till I puked, threw me in the trunk of a car and took me out to beat my ass.

I dont talk about it all that much. Never bothered to see some shrink because it doesnt affect my life to much. I think Im a little more intense then most people, I also am more careful of hurting other peoples feelings because of it. Thats pretty much how it affected me.

SOurcheese, you are one of my favorite posters, mostly for your style of putting out your thoughts. I didn't mean to pick a wound if I did. You caught me way off guard, as the OG has so many crazy stories. I appreciate your candor the most. Man, you just killed me with what you went through. I am trying to help a young woman right now, single mother, just joined the church, and is struggling really bad financially. She has some very serious issues, and a little girl in the mix that is dealing with some tough times. Everybody in my group is hurting now, and our ability to assist is hamstrung. I look at her little girl, and I just figure someone will hurt her. As a father, and went experienced some cruelty as a kid, nothing like you, I get sick to my stomach because I don't know what to do. The Dad has quit sending money, courts backed up, just a mess. I don't know what to do to help.
12/4/08 8:55 PM
Ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was circumcised when I was 10. You lucky bastards don't remember your circumcision, I do.
12/4/08 9:05 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

broken nose...not so bad. broken eye socket...not so bad. torn meniscus...not so bad. liver shot....really, really bad.

the kind of pain that spreads over your whole body, about the only pain the will push thru a berserk fighters adrenaline haze and shut down his whole body.

watch the end of Delahoya/Hopkins for a good example.
12/5/08 8:59 AM
sourcheese
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clean livin its cool. I opened up on it and I take absolutly no offence. It was hard to grow up because you can imagine what it was like going to school in second hand clothes as an outcast with bruises from home. I got it at home, and at school. But I am a strong person because of it. I dont have any wounds from it honestly. I dont really look back at it or think about it except in these few posts.

I have forgiven my father as well and have a good relationship with my parents. Its hard sometimes for me to give him a hug though. He knows how I feel. I think that the forgivness has helped me deal with the reality of my life growing up and allowed me to grow to be a decent human being.

(and that strong as fuck bones story was me)

And I would give better advice about your freind from church but I worked all night. Just this.

Kids can deal with a lot of shit as long as they know they are respected and loved. Let her mother know that she can have assistance with food or clothing at times if thats possable.

Most though give them freindship so that they dont think you are looking down on them. Growing up, I remember I felt like people always looked down on me like I was a scumbag.

I think that if people treat each other like human beings that it helps us deal with the shit that happens in our lives.

A lot of time when people are going threw hardtimes its just enough to know that people care about you, and respect you.

Good luck to your freind. Its hard on kids who are without around the holidays.. Especially I imagine on a parent because they have the role of a provider.

But that makes any honest gift or freindship that much more meaningful. Because they really appriciate it.
12/5/08 9:24 AM
Vulva Fabulous
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Sourcheese.  You always had my respect on here, but you just elevated yourself to one of the toughest and yet most sensitive SOB's I know.

12/5/08 10:25 AM
DAnthony027

Midleah - 1)giving birth, no drugs

2)ripping internal stitches after boob job

Pics or it didnt happen...
12/5/08 11:38 AM
sourcheese
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks vulva.
12/5/08 11:39 AM
guardbr8kr

Groin pulls sux ass

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.