UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Physics Homework Problem Help ASAP!

10/2/08 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So far in the course we have just completed Newton's Laws of Motion. This problem has to do with force vectors and (i think) resolving components. But I'm really lost as to how to do it: Two snowcats tow a housing unit to a new location. The sum of forces A and B exerted on the unit by the horizontal cables is parallel to line L, and force of A = 4500 N. Determine force of B and the magnitude of force a + force b.

The diagram has force a going to the left (northwest) with a cable and force b going to the right (northeast), the angle they form is 80 degrees total. The line L is in between force a and b and goes straight up. It divides the angle into 50 degrees for angle of force a and line L, and 30 degrees for angle L and force B.

Hope I've described the problem coherently, any help would be greatly appreciated.
10/2/08 3:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never mind, figured it out, but had to go outside the textbook to find lami's theroem which was never discussed in class and not in the textbook!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.