UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Another car review, chrysler 300

10/2/08 10:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting to drive a lot of cars lately. Friends with rentals and all that. Most rentals suck. This one however, hmm....

This was a brand new 300, lx version. Thats the cheap one with the smallest V6. Surprisingly I liked this car. First let me say that it did lack grunt with only 178 HP. The mighty scion would destroy it in a race with 10 less HP and probably 1000 lbs less baggage.

However, this is the kind of car where you don't care how fast you're going. It had that 'poor man's limo' feel. Lots of space to move around. The renter was a 6'2" guy from europe used to shoeboxes. He was lovin it. Power seats, mirrors, windows, etc.....

The other thing I liked about it was that despite the size it handled well. I didn't wallow like an SUV or other cheap sedans. Interior was typical GM, nothing special. Outside it looked awesome. All black, it just needed tint, rims and a mesh grill to be bling bling!
10/3/08 10:00 AM
billcosbiguez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fren, cornering?
10/3/08 2:25 PM
Mark1

GM is making interiors for Chrysler now?

Mark

10/3/08 5:39 PM
mad tiger

^^lol

should try the SRT version
10/3/08 9:41 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoops, sorry bout the GM thing, heh heh. I wasn't even drinking when I posted that. I am now though.

cosby, it corners well for a car of its size. As mentioned, it doesn't have excessive body roll and I was unable to break the rear loose. This might change with the V8.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.