UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Need help for new combatives gym

10/4/08 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thatdmgud
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am working on a projected combatives facility here in Kuwait. I have been slowly gaining support here through different commands, but this is a project larger than my scope. This facility will be "owned" by ARCENT and ASG-Ku and will provide training for levels 1 and 2 for all units in theatre (hopefully). It's daytime mission 3 weeks out of the month will be certification, and the fourth week will be reserved for unit training and/or MCMAP. The evening hours will be for various self defense classes that are already being held (BJJ, TKD, etc.).

The issue that I have is that, eventhough I have the idea and plan of what I want, I'm having a hard time materializing it into "officer approved" papers. I haven't had much success in getting equipment quotes from vendors either.

Any help that you could give me would be much appriciated. I'm hoping to capitalize off the publicity that always follows the tournament at Benning.

Oh, on top of the gym itself, in the outside space we will have an entry control point, and small building mockup including "soft" furniture for MOUT training as well, giving different looks to bad senarios.

Also, manning requirements/statements of work, etc. If there are any archived papers like this, I would love to be able to see the justifications that were done for the schoolhouse.

I know a few of you out there have already been through this, and I would like to get as much insight as possible from you all. Also, for those of you that work at the various schools; what would you have built different, or would like to have had included in your facility?

Thanks for all feedback!!!!

SFC Rick
10/7/08 11:35 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contact Combat Sports they were at the Combatives Conference after the tournament.
Justin Appleberry jappleberry@ringside.com
10/8/08 4:15 AM
thatdmgud

thanks BDP! i sent them a request a while ago, and they never got back with me. i'll try again

~Rick
10/12/08 8:43 PM
DocFlynn

This sounds pretty sweet. I'll be in Kuwait shortly, and if I have any freetime I'd like to train some. I'll be looking out for it. Thanks.
10/13/08 10:46 AM
thatdmgud

we roll Tues, Thur, and Sat at the Zone 6 gym, from 1930-2200. Sat is gi night, so bring anything with a collar, and you're more than welcome to join in!

we need more instructors, right now, it's just me and a navy guy, we both leave in December.
10/20/08 1:30 AM
DocFlynn

I guess I should have said "I'll be in Kuwait for a couple of weeks shortly." Just a stopover on our way to other places. But I will definitely stop in. Thanks.
10/31/08 12:08 AM
thatdmgud

well once you get here, my number is 430-2256 in the office. Just hit me up. I've got a lot of gear if your unit wants to train as well.

SFC Rick Irvin

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.