UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Thyroid Disease

10/5/08 5:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lil Katai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dose anyone on here have thyroid problems? In 2000 I was diagnosed with hypo thyroid. I was actually under active for 4 years before the doctors caught it (no suprise). I was put on medication and am now stable.

Anyway, I have a hard time cutting weight some times due to this and also eating 6 small meals a day actually makes me put on weight. I have to eat 2-3 small meals a day and Im good and feel good too.

Dose anyone else have these problems or any other?
10/7/08 11:38 AM
jude099
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i had stress-induced thyroid disfunction. it was up, then down, then up. consequently my weight did the same. it's bad for your heart, though, so it's good you got it treated.

thyroid problems are notoriously hard to diagnose.
10/7/08 4:55 PM
Bolo

I saw a news article/video on CNN about a girl who was overweight and had a thyroid problem. She went on a raw food diet and lost a ton of weight and was able to keep the weight off.
10/8/08 3:02 AM
Lil Katai

When they caught mine, i was weighing 135. Once they put me on the meds, I was dropping weight so fast. I was eating everything and kept shedding weight. I dropped down to 114lbs but on top of the weight, I also lost a lot of muscle.
10/27/08 3:34 PM
oldnslow
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with hypo-thyroidism (underactive thyroid). My numbers are now in the normal range with medication but I have not lost that much weight. Maybe 4lbs. Nor did I get any burst of energy. I was hoping to drop a lot of weight and be bouncing off the walls.
10/27/08 4:00 PM
oldnslow
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you feel comfortable sharing, what is your synthroid (or equivilent med) dosage? I'm at 100mcg/day.

Thanks.
11/1/08 6:30 AM
Lil Katai

I got the weight drop. Didnt notice much in the energy level. Im still always tired. I have jumped  back anf forth to so many different dosages. Right now Im at 115mc/day ..... I believe. I have to check the bottle to make sure. I know im over 100.

11/3/08 12:14 PM
oldnslow

Thanks for the info Katai.

It's funny, aside from gaining a little weight over the past year (which I attributed to eating a lot and not working out) I never felt symptomatic. Now after being on the meds for a while, I've lost a little weight (which I attribute to eating less and working out) but don't feel any different. Who knows?

Anyway, hope your treatment goes well.
11/6/08 5:23 AM
Lil Katai

I checked, I take 137mcg once daily.
11/24/08 6:24 PM
Orchid Man

Edited: 11/24/08 6:24 PM
Does hypothyroidism make your blood sugar go up?

Is it possible to have it and exhibit virtually no symptoms?

What causes it?
11/26/08 1:43 PM
oldnslow

Orchid Man - Does hypothyroidism make your blood sugar go up?

Is it possible to have it and exhibit virtually no symptoms?

What causes it?

I think most of the causes are genetic.

Not sure about the blood suger. I know it made my cholesteral go up.

And I did not have any symptoms. It was just found in my regular physical's blood work. I don't feel any different now that I am on the meds.
3/2/09 5:39 AM
Lil Katai

My symptoms were thinning hair, real dry skin, pain, tired all the time, cant lose weight. I didnt know the symptoms until a health teacher metioned it to me. Then I went and got it check through my doc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.