UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> My God This Tottenham FC!!!!

10/6/08 10:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Kangaroo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/06/08 10:54 AM

Blame should be placed equally between Ramos and Levy.

Why sell the heart and soul of the team in Keane and then let go of Berbatov, the best player on the team. I could somewhat understand shopping Keane, who at his age was never going to get close to the 20m value again. With that said he was the only player on that team with some balls, and his departure all but sealed Berbatov demanding a transfer.

You cant lose 45 goals and improve.

If they thought they could sustain losing Keane and Berbatov they surely arent showing it with their team selection. Theyve lost confidence in Bent, which they had to have known before they dumped their striking duo. Bent is losing his place to Frazier Campbell, something is going on behind the scenes with him. They dump 15m in haste on Pavelychenko who looks lost and forget about scoring a goal, i think this guy in 3-4 games has managed to have 2 or 3 shots and won one corner. Wow.

Gomes is a less stable version of Paul Robinson.

Dos Santos was a play for the future but has no immeadiate impact for a team that was supposed to challenge for a CL spot.

They got no depth at center back , despite the fact that Ledley King is perpetually injured.

The problem with Tott is not the coaching per se, the problem is they had one of the most gaff filled transfer windows in history. They made 70m selling Keane, Berb, Chimbonda, Robo, Malbranque etc... and they replaced those guys with a fragile goalie , some finesse midfielders with no prem experience and the onlt signing they made that was solid (Bentley) has been pointless as they dont put him routinely in the starting 11.

What a disaster. I suspect theyll finish 10th-11th when its all said an done. They are team with real question marks in alot of areas, but theyve got enough talent to go on a few runs here or there to keep them safe.

10/6/08 12:59 PM
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL....Love it.
10/6/08 2:08 PM
grizz632
639 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As do I

Defense was where they really needed to improve and they did absolutely nothing about it. King never sees the outside of the trainer's office, Dawson is nothing special, and Gomes has been shite. they need to invest heavily in the backline come January or they won't finish higher than 15th. Even if they do that I'm not so sure. Bentley was the only good buy they made. But what good is a rampaging winger if you have noone in the box that can score?

And, on top of everything else, they signed the wrong Russian...
10/6/08 4:16 PM
The Kangaroo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah Arshavin would have been a good signing, if they had kept Berbs or Keane. he's not an out and out striker, but he'd have poached quite of few goals with his pace alone and done wonders setting the other strikers up. imagine him keane roaming right under Berbs, that would have been a goal fest, especially with Benltey working the ball in.

my take is this, Ramos should only be blamed for this mess IF he has control of the comings and goings in the window. if this is the team he wanted then he deserves the shit flying his way. BUT, if Levy is to blame for this shit (which is being hinted at now) then he deserves to be canned.

what a terrible use of finances.

10/6/08 4:44 PM
Fernando

fuck the spuds! enjoy the coca cola league!
10/10/08 3:44 PM
Bigpapa42

I figured Sperz would be taking a step back this season. Just didn't expect it to be so notable.
10/13/08 3:31 AM
Yougottawanna

Spurs make me look dumb all the time. Last two years I've picked them to finish fifth and they pull this shit.
10/25/08 9:22 PM
Fernando

cant wait those cunts get relegated! There is only one team in North London!
10/27/08 12:07 PM
GreenBayAllTheWay(IntoMyRear)

A'rry will probably save them....fuck
10/27/08 7:27 PM
The Kangaroo

Yeah Redknap is the perfect coach to kick those pansies arses and get shit straight. I think hell be surprised what a large group of softies they are. Not a spine between any of them.
10/28/08 11:47 AM
Bigpapa42

Redknapp was a good choice to save the club this season. But where does it go from there? Is he going to be the manager to take the into the top four and the Champions League? I don't see that. Its possible, but he's a good manager, not a great one. Yes, he won the FA Cup with Portsmouth last season which is impressive as hell, but it was also a really messed up year in the FA Cup. I think Redknapp gets them back to where Ramos should have them, then they're looking for another manager in a year or two to take them another step forward. Its that step forward thats going to monumentally difficult.
10/29/08 4:49 AM
Fernando

Spuds will lose against Arsenal again!

Does Harry even speak english?
10/30/08 10:05 AM
Govnor

LOL....fucking A'rry.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.