UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Army Combatives Championships Results???

10/6/08 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slomo91978
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only info I can get so far is Keith and Brandon won. The only other thing is what military times shows. I'm curious how everyone "Tied for 1st" with 14 points??? I also heard that intermediate rules shortened to 5 minutes, rough if it came into play for anyone. How was the talent? I know the fighthouse guys are glad it's done, sounds like some long ass days. I'm anxious to get this sandbox trip out of the way so I can get back down there for the tournament!!!

Matty
10/7/08 9:39 AM
JeffMiller

Well, I would assume that they had several guys who won enough points in the prelims to put them over the top.
10/7/08 10:46 AM
JSMHP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/07/08 11:37 AM
There were so many people in each division many of our guys were like 5-2 or 4-2 but had four submission which is why we won.

Also Breaking news.....FT. RILEY BY ONE POINT!!!!!!!

Team

1st. Place
FT. RILEY

2nd Place

Ft. Lewis
After the some confusion one of our missing bout sheets turned up.....and the recount had us ahead by one point.
10/7/08 10:47 AM
JSMHP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also Bragg had several different teams
10/7/08 12:18 PM
slomo91978

Thanks for the info JR. It's kinda shitty to just get up here at Lewis and be away from the tournament. I'm lost how the team points were showing tied at 14 for multiple teams. What happened to the 3 points for submission victories, 1 point for points victories during the elimination and intermediate matches? Did they only award team points for finals?
10/7/08 6:03 PM
JSMHP

there were so many people in each division that the finals points could only help the top four or five teams. To win the 185lb division you had to win nine matches or so. Our 185er took third he won seven or eight matches by submission that is an extra 14 points...only one less than winning first place so if your team couldn't finish matches you couldn't win the team standings.
10/7/08 11:32 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Sill Team was awarded 3rd place
10/9/08 1:28 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, there was a change. It sucks but this is what Fort Benning is going with. Even though Ft Sill was announced as 3rd, after recounting the "incredibly accurate" bout sheets. Here were the final standings.

Team Awards-

1st Fort Riley
2nd Fort Lewis
3rd 5th SFG Fort Brag
4th Fort Sill
5th Fort Stewart
10/9/08 1:30 PM
BigDaddyPerkins

The reason Bragg looks stacked in the finals is there were different teams from Bragg. IE..5th SFG, PSYOPS, Special Warfare Center, 82nd, they each had a team
10/9/08 9:20 PM
BigDaddyPerkins

Thanks, I am proud of the team. Yea the bump to 4th place made me look like an idiot to my post CSM, I had to report to him yesterday and the first thing he said was "why did you give me a false report" Gee thanks Ft Benning I enjoy dancing like an organ grinders monkey in front of the post CSM's desk.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.