UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> ANOTHER weiner dog foster

10/8/08 9:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MikeZev
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Sherman went home this weekend and 2 days later, by some strange coincedence, another doxie got surrendered to the shelter yesterday. My GF being the doxie lover she is, brought Lincoln home last night. He's on the large side for a mini - bout 18lbs and is a red/black long-haired. has a some type of nasty gouge under one of his eyes but is generally in good shape. Super playful, loves the other dogs.

We also have a 5 day old kitten named Dr Dre.

This should be interesting. pics to come...
10/8/08 10:58 PM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with you and weiners, bro? Comin' out the closet?? ;-)

But I swear, soon as I find a job I'm gonna volunteer. Then when I get my shit together I'll start fostering. Promise!

10/9/08 10:10 AM
MikeZev
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/09/08 10:11 AM
 weiners are my destiny. crazy story behind this dog - he came from a puppy broker 6 years ago and had 3 owners. 2nd owner had him neutered and paid 3k for surgey on a spinal lesion that left his hind quarters completely paralyzed then gave him away to a crazy lady that has had 3 dogs in the past year or so. One of the few dogs that came into the shelter with a full medical file and pedigree! 

and what happened to that part time gig you had the offer for?
10/9/08 12:22 PM
smileythai

Haven't heard shit from any of the jobs I've applied for. Not even rejection e-mails. Thinking I'm black-balled or something.

My ex's family friends had a couple of daschunds. Hated those fuckers!  ;o)

10/9/08 2:41 PM
MikeZev

I've been pretty lucky with the ones we've had so far. usually they are pretty bitchy little dogs that dont STFU but the ones we've had have been great. solid temperments, good with other dogs and relatively obedient. not the smartest dogs though.
10/9/08 10:06 PM
smileythai

They're not anymore yappy or irritating then other small breeds. So I think my bias stems from their short legs. Then and Basset hounds. It just ain't right! lol
10/10/08 9:27 AM
MikeZev

LOL.
10/13/08 9:39 AM
MikeZev

here he is, sheer terror. Lincoln aka BIGFOOT aka wild boar

10/14/08 1:35 AM
smileythai

What's wrong with her muzzle? Fight scars?
10/14/08 10:59 AM
MikeZev

came in with that. looks like a bite puncture.

little bastard wont shut up.
10/15/08 9:23 AM
MikeZev

developed kennel cough in the past couple days even though he got his bordatella vacc last week. started antibiotics a couple days ago for the facial laceration. i feel bad for this guy but he is the barkiest motherfucker i've ever seen, goes apeshit in the middle of the night if the guy upstairs wakes up to take a piss.
10/22/08 9:34 AM
MikeZev

motherfucker. his new name is motherfucker.
10/23/08 12:02 AM
MikeD

I swear the little dude even looks like an asshole.

Like if someone looked at him wrong he would untie your shoestrings then run off.
10/23/08 9:27 AM
MikeZev

ripped my leather couch last night! I'm not even mad anymore, I'm realizing that this dog had a pretty shit life with people who didnt care enough to address his problems properly - just passed him on the the next ex-owner. I'm ready for him to go but I want to put him into a good situation.
10/28/08 5:30 PM
MikeZev

Motherfucker goes to his new home tomorrow!

Old wealthy German couple with 35 years of Dachshund experience. They've delat with all the behavioral and medical issues commonly exhibited by the weiners and are ready to take this guy on. They used to get thier weiners straight from Germany! Little bastard will be living about 4 blocks from me so I'll probably see him around, hopefully not for a WHILE though.

It was high time this guy rode off into the sunset.
10/28/08 8:38 PM
smileythai

Wait, you're not working on obedience and/or behavioral issues with fosters? WTF?
10/29/08 9:36 AM
MikeZev

minimally. we have 6 animals currently. they get exercise, attention and basic manners training. This guy we had to work on his trust so we would hand feed him as often as possible and let him sorta come to us when he was ready. we had to muzzle him every night and clean the wound on his face, let him get used to being handled, etc. without thinking he has to defend himself.
10/30/08 8:14 PM
MikeD

Glad to hear you can have some peace and quiet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.