UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> I'm voting for Ron Paul

10/8/08 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shpadoinkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listen everybody, I never intended this thread as an arena for us to bash each others political views, party affiliation or candidacy choices. The fact is this: I am a patriot. I love this country and everything that it is SUPPOSED to stand for. I believe in the liberties protected by the Bill Of Rights, and I believe in our responsibility as citizens to take action and make the choices in our leadership that we feel are beneficial to furthering our society. That being said, I also feel that for too long we have been spoon fed leadership choices that don't accurately reflect the will of the people, which in essence is what democracy is all about.

I don't necessarily feel that Mr. Paul is the ideal candidate for this job, but I do feel that his domestic, primarily economic agenda is a good place to start. The spirit I originally intended this thread in is more along the lines of this next thought: We as Americans must take responsibility for our governing bodies. From where I sit, that means individual citizens deciding that the choices being conveniently provided for us to "choose" from are false. The illusion of choice is simply a form of control by the government to gain the consent of the public to do... whatever they want because we "condone" it. It is time for a change, I truly believe the American citizenry is ready for it. Hopefully enough will take up the challenge and do what is necessary to show the rest that when we put our collective will together, we can realize the goals that seem to be as elusive as a mirage on the horizon. Sorry for the frat, and thanks to the mod who moved this thread.
10/8/08 11:59 PM
unbrokenwill

I agree shpadoinkle. Im not out to bash anyones views. It was friendly debate IMO.

Im afraid the people aren't quite ready to stand up though. Maybe in another 8 years. I hope im wrong. Nonetheless, I will be voting RON PAUL!
10/9/08 10:42 AM
JakeWrestler

ScientificWrestling.com, Founder
 End The Fed
10/9/08 11:08 AM
nofatchicks

unbrokenwill - 
nofatchicks - Citing the fed and gse's as the tip of the spear show your ignorance on the subject. I have problems with the fed, but they are the tail, not the dog. The dog is wall street investment bankers and they were able to get their hands on the money of commercial banks through deregulation. Bipartisan deregulation at that. I'm all for change, but religious right wing wacko change is not what I'm looking for.

They most certainly are the tip of the spear! The Fed prints this toxic money which they then charge the american tax payer interest on. They are responsible for the devaluing of the dollar.

The GSE's are wall street banks chartered by the government. They have pilfered the tax payers and have bankrupted themselves. Now their buddies at the Federal Reserve ( against the wishes of nearly every american ) are going to GIVE them more money to steal with. Then, the Federal reserve will charge interest for the money THEY have stolen to give to these thieves. Id say they are a big part of the problem!

Those are effects and not causes. Do more research.

BTW, Ron Paul invokes religion on many issues. He says stemm cell research is a "religious and moral issue". I'm not a big fan of legislation being driven by any persons or group fairy tail fantasy that they subscribe to no matter if it's called islam, christianity, judaism, etc.
10/9/08 9:57 PM
Scramslam

^ Based on the content of your posts it sounds as though your real problem is religous people. You sound very intolerant and close minded. Stop being prejudice towards people with religous beliefs.
10/10/08 9:36 AM
nofatchicks

Scramslam - ^ Based on the content of your posts it sounds as though your real problem is religous people. You sound very intolerant and close minded. Stop being prejudice towards people with religous beliefs.

Correct. I do not tolerate intolerant people that attempt to impose their silly views on the rest of the world.
10/11/08 3:00 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ron Paul has hit more homers than Hank Aaron! That dude is spot on in about every subject he speaks about. I've seen probably hundreds of speeches and nerver brings up religion unless asked, still then he's very private. He's the anti-Mike Huckabee sell it on your sleeve christian. I respect that a lot becase Paul could certainly use his strong religious beliefs to pander, but he doesn't, bravo Dr. Paul. This Atheist is voting for Ron Paul here!

His view on stem cell research would actually be a godsend because he'd get the government out of the moral issue. If a certain company wanted to do the research have at it or state university go for it. No more Bush trying to equate it to killing a fetus with pitchforks. His other views are great as well, he's basically a dream candidate. Mr. Smith goes to Washington type.

Ron Paul is William Wallace without the sword, that man is a freedom fighter and a first class patriot.
10/11/08 1:56 PM
JakeWrestler

ScientificWrestling.com, Founder
Cool! I am another Atheist for Ron Paul :)
10/18/08 11:22 AM
Puzzled

nofatchicks - 
Scramslam - ^ Based on the content of your posts it sounds as though your real problem is religous people. You sound very intolerant and close minded. Stop being prejudice towards people with religous beliefs.

Correct. I do not tolerate intolerant people that attempt to impose their silly views on the rest of the world.
Alarmingly inconsistent yet typical. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.