UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Jalepeno Beer?

10/13/08 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mit
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF!!!

A friend of mine recently gave me a bottle of a Jalepeno beer called El Lapino.

It was without a doubt the worst beer ever. So sour and nasty I can't even begin to describe it. It even came with a chili pepper in the bottle.

I'm sure that someone has done this before and pulled this off but the little brewery in Quebec did not.

Avoid this like the plague gentlemen even if you are out of beer. I would go so far as to drink some sort of cooler over this.
10/13/08 8:12 PM
screwtop wine
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never had jalapeno beer, but I have suffered the indignity of Scotch aged in old Tabasco barrels. Highly not reccomended.
10/14/08 12:45 AM
Mit
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ that sounds worse than the Jalapeno beer...that's hilarious and gross.
10/14/08 10:00 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those both sound horrible. That poor scotch must have been horribly salty.

I did drop a couple of chilies in the last bottle of tequila i bought and plan on continuing the practice in the future. (note: this wasn't particularly good tequila)
10/15/08 12:03 PM
cbgrappler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a few chipolte beers before from rogue ales and it was decent, nothing memorable ...
10/16/08 10:18 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ot: Rogue's soba ale is outstanding
10/30/08 4:21 PM
jkkazmier

My buddy came over with a home brewed IPA that he put italian red hots in in. He opened the bottle and it smelled like hot sauce. We both took a sip and couldn't believe how hot it was, it was like mace. I decided to be the hero and pound the whole beer. I had an upset stomach for the rest of the day and felt like dying.
10/30/08 4:49 PM
ALL DAY 707

Chili beer is the worst!!! We distribute this brand called Dave's chili creek beer....it is terrible
10/30/08 8:28 PM
jkkazmier

It would probably go well as an ingredient in chili but that is about it.
11/2/08 6:29 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogue's Chipotle Ale is probably the worse beer ive ever had.
11/22/08 3:52 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like jalapenos and i like beer... but I dont think I'd like jalapeno beer
11/22/08 4:37 PM
voorhees

What next?Peanut butter beef stew?

C'mon guys... you have to speculate ahead of time whether something is gonna be good or bad.

And i could tell before I would even look at the bottle that jalepeno beer would suck.
11/23/08 1:32 AM
Mit

Oh I had a good idea but was still curious how it was going to taste.
9/21/09 10:09 AM
Mikusoraiden
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a Jalepeno Wheat Beer at a McMenimens in Eugene, OR...it was brewed on site (High St.) and was one of the best and most fresh tasting beers I've ever had. I would imagine it takes real talent and experience to pull it off well.
9/21/09 9:55 PM
Pito Chueco
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a hemp beer in some brew pub in downtown Denver.

Tasted like someone wrung a dirty gym sock into a pint glass.
9/22/09 10:06 AM
shibbytastic

Pito Chueco - I had a hemp beer in some brew pub in downtown Denver.

Tasted like someone wrung a dirty gym sock into a pint glass.

Unfortunately there is a large market of potheads who think that anything with hemp is amazing.

That being said I would bet that one could make an extremely good hemp beer. Hops are one of the closest relatives of marijuana. I have smoked pot that tasted exactly like the hops used in Racer X. Therefore I could easily see somebody making an excellent IPA using buds in place of hop flowers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.