UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> ATTN: EVERYBODY! SSG Kalili needs your help!!

10/14/08 8:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArmyFighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this is what happened;
At the 2008 Army Combatives Championships, the chain of command (a non-Level I Captain) made the call that the Intermediate Rules/Semi-Final matches were only going to be 5 minutes long. The website had been posted for months stating that the Semi-final bouts were to be one 10 minute round. The Captain then told the Chief Trainer to have the "new" bout time briefed. The Chief Trainer then told me, SSG Kalili, to brief the Intermediate Rules with the "new" bout time to the remaining fighters. I told him that I would not because the posted rules clearly stated that the semi-final bouts are to be one 10 minute round. He then told me again to brief the new rules and I then went and showed him the Intermediate rules that he printed out and highlighted the section that stated the bout length for the Semi-final bouts. Which was of course one 10 minute round. I then told him that the rules specifically stated that the Semi-Final bouts were to be at Intermediate Rules and be one 10 minute round and ANYTHING else was wrong and against rules. He then told me that I was "done" and for me to take a seat. I did not brief the change but did continue to help run the tournament.

But that was not the problem. The problem was that my 1SG saw that as "Disobeying a Direct Order from a Senior Non-Commisioned Officer" and is now pushing for a Company Grade Article 15. The Chief Trainer was "Ordered" to council me and recommend a Article 15.

For all of you that either know me, or heard about me, you know that I am nothing but professional when it comes to my job. I ensure that all that are trained under me, know what they are doing and by the end of the course, love what they are doing. I've dedicated the last 4 years of my life to the Combatives Program and have never asked for or recieved anything in return except the very best soldiers to train and to train with. I have done everything I can to improve and maintain this program and have sacrificed everything to make sure that happens. Now I have a 1sg who is hell bent on "making an example" out of me because I refused to change the rules that we have fought so hard to implement all because somebody wanted to go home a little bit earlier. I am just a lowly instructor here. I've been here the longest, know the most and train the best. I'm not in charge of anything or anybody, but I have Certified most of the instructors who have worked here and I am the guy that that even the Chief Trainer asks for advice. I'm basically a nobody, if you really think about it, but just because I am, it doesnt mean that I deserve an Article 15 for fighting in what I believe to be the truth.

All that I am asking everyone who is reading this is if you feel like I am a good instructor or soldier or person and you wouldnt like to see me get an Article 15, could you please write a letter for me stating so and email it to william.kalili@us.army.mil I need all the help I can get! Thanks!
10/14/08 4:30 PM
ArmyFighter

Thanks to the guys who wrote me letters. i still need MORE!!! Tell everybody you know!
10/15/08 12:53 AM
TrappeBier
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you get Troy to talk to him? If you want to send me an email I might know the guy.

John.B.Stevens@us.army.mil
10/15/08 2:42 PM
MatsuTuri
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can only reply to e-mails cause for some reason my iraqi internet hates me.

Benjamin.westrich@us.army.mil

How do you want it, as a PDF and scanned, Memorandum format, what?
10/17/08 2:01 AM
rafie

Iako

If you need my letter( email ) on memorandum format let me know as soon as possible

rafie
10/20/08 1:13 AM
DocFlynn

Just saw this. Heading to AKo.
10/27/08 10:14 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kalili how is this working out?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.