UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> I need some legal advice!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/14/08 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lowdown
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a long story...so I will try to keep it short.
I have been working as a commission only salesmen for the last 6 months. Long story short, the company is trying to screw me over on over $20k worth of work that I sold. I was working as a roofing salesmen in GA.

Our commission was set that we recieved 1/3 for building the job (contract,pictures,order form,etc). 1/3 for invoicing the job, and 1/3 for collecting the $ in full.

Since leaving the company they were letting me do my invoicing and collecting still. All of the sudden they have decided to not let me do it anymore so they can keep 2/3's of the commission. Do I have a case?? They have also let other salesmen continue to invoice and collect after leaving.

It is my douche of a manager who is trying to do my invoicing and collecting so he can get 2/3's of the commission.

I need some advice.
10/15/08 12:51 PM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so they paid you for all the invoicing and collecting you did in the past, but will not pay for any future invoicing and collecting?

do you have a written contract? no.

SOL
10/15/08 7:41 PM
StephenL

make sure that you go to each of your former customers and tell them the deal.
10/16/08 8:16 AM
lowdown
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I will be calling each of my customers, that is a great idea.
10/17/08 6:33 PM
Fake Pie
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have any kind of contract with your former employer?
10/18/08 8:51 AM
lowdown

No contract. The owner wont even return my phone calls. This is not a little mom and pops roofing company. 70+ employees. I am not even in GA anymore, which makes the situation even worse.
10/20/08 1:13 AM
jbapk

You should contact a labor attorney. Also check if GA has any kind of government agencies that handle labor disputes.
10/23/08 9:45 AM
lowdown

Can I file a mechanics lien on the properties that I have not been paid for?
10/23/08 12:18 PM
bflex

Kill them, call me, pay me the 20k and I'll get you to walk. You will feel better about everything.
10/25/08 9:32 PM
lowdown

Thanks for the advice bflex :)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.