UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Portland tournament results

10/16/08 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/16/08 3:21 PM

Several athletes from the portland gym competed on saturday in the "oregon open", a local bjj and sub wrestling tournament. We took home several medals.

Dennis, Tim, Shane and I (Chris Stearns) all placed in the Blue Belt Gi division, Tim taking two golds in light weight (both gi & no-gi), submitting all his opponents. Dennis took a very hard fought silver in a STACKED middle weight division. I took gold in light heavy with Shane taking silver, highlighted with a fun match for gold between shane and I that went into sudden death double overtime.

Tim also took gold in no-gi light weight, and Shane took silver in no gi light heavy.

Hamilton Ash took gold in the middle weight advanced no gi division, submitting an opponent with triple the experience and a weight advantage.

We also had several people compete in the beginner and white belt divisions, where we took home several medals. This was the first taste of competition for most of them and they all did great. It was great getting a chance at coaching some of our new athletes. Stand outs include a new athlete, Brooks, taking bronze in the absolute division. Also, Michelle our lone female competitor did extremely well in her divisions, she was by far the smallest competitor in both of her brackets and she fought courageously.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.