UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Not guilty again! (DWI)

10/21/08 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

***does victory dance***

Seriously, this was the worst set of facts for the State ever! The only reason they tried this was because of the stupid "we don't drop DWI's" policy.

The Judge gave me a begrudgingly not guilty, but a not guilty nevertheless.
10/21/08 6:16 PM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hooray for protecting the god ordained constitutional right to keep druggies driving cars so they may endanger our children!
10/21/08 6:50 PM
ViewType
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku, why do you hate America? Why do you not support our Constitution?
10/21/08 7:04 PM
Dojosensei
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bflex, congrats. I may not agree with it but congrats. If for nothing else, I do enjoy people taking a lot of pride in what they do and doing it well. I'm the same way with sleep medicine and building rings and cages.
10/22/08 8:46 AM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was the State's fault. I offered to plea him to a reckless driving with a 6 month license suspension. The state said "we don't reduce on DWI's."

Like I've said before, my clients are almost never innocent, they are guilty of something. It sometimes just isn't what they are charged with. Was he guilty of reckless driving, hell yes. That is why I offered. Was he "impaired", maybe by stupidity, but not alcohol or drugs.

The Judge saw that and found him not guilty. Based on the way that the State presented their case, she also found him not guilty on the reckless charge, speeding charge, failure to maintain lane, and failure to use a seatbelt.

The State fucked up, not me. They could have had a guilty plea on what he was truly guilty of. They chose to take the politically popular option of "we are tough on crime" rather than the appropriate approach of seeking justice for what the individual truly did.
10/22/08 10:01 AM
Dojosensei
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK...NOW, that explanation I can buy into.

YES he was guilty of something just not what the state charged him with.

I love how people get convicted because they are banging a chick, cheating on his wife to do it or maybe she was married as well. Was he guilty of being a cheater, YEP, did he kill her, probably not.

Best times in my evenings when I'm sitting down for dinner is watching someone put that bitch Nancy Grace in her place. God I just want to strangle the shit out of her. She tries and convicts people on her show before having ANY information.

BFLEX, you need to call in and fuck her up man.
10/22/08 11:27 AM
bflex

Oddly enough, my partner refused to go onto that show. He said he would just flip out on her. I can't take watching her.

By the way, she got in trouble with the GA bar once for withholding exculpatory evidence in a murder trial. See Mike Nifong. Although she didn't get disbarred, she does have a history of trouble with the bar. She wasn't a good prosecutor and most definately not a good person.
10/22/08 1:15 PM
Dojosensei

Yeah I remember that. That's one BIG reason I really like to see her get put in her fucking place.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.