UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> best groin guard/jock cup for sparring?

10/21/08 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FutureProdigy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Due to some recent 'happenings' we now have to wear a jock cup/groin guard during sparing... so, what have you guys found to be the best one for kickboxing?
10/21/08 11:47 PM
Khun Kao
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steel
10/22/08 1:14 PM
FutureProdigy

so the shock doctor compression shorts/jock cup isnt a good one for kickboxing?
10/22/08 6:18 PM
blackmarknyc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

STEEL!
10/22/08 10:38 PM
Khun Kao
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't say it wasn't good. We're just saying that STEEL is the best
10/23/08 12:43 AM
Skpotamus
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think back to one of the pride events where Gilbert Yvel got his cup broken during his fight with Vanderlei Silva.

I think it happened to Gary Goodrdige too, and if I recall, he had to change behind a towel in the Tokyo Dome.

Plastic cups can break if they get hit hard, say a knee or a kick. A broken cup tends to have nice sharp little edges that can gouge and cut.

Get a steel cup
10/23/08 12:56 AM
FutureProdigy

will the steel cups fit in other jock straps? I dont know much about them (the ones i am finding online have a strange thong like apparatus attached)
10/23/08 8:45 AM
Diego stole my name
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pull out the strings and put the steel cup in a regular jockstrap
10/24/08 5:35 AM
smileythai

Steel!!  I even wear my cup when I train dogs. You have no business complaining about your nuts until a dog tries to bite them!
11/11/08 6:48 PM
StephenL

steel.

the thong may be queer, but it holds the cup solidly in place.

the only hazard is storing my gear in my trunk during a michigan winter.

stephen
11/11/08 9:14 PM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just take the strings off and put in a standard supporter. Supporter keeps it right were its suppossed to be.
11/13/08 6:04 PM
blackmarknyc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

question: why in the world would you put plastic in front of your balls when you could put steel? who cares about the strings?
11/28/08 12:27 AM
StephenL

i took a side kick heel straight on to the nuts last night.

the steel repelled it.
12/2/08 7:23 PM
Kai Tremeche

Do they sell western sized steel cups? I swear the one I bought was made for a midget or something.
1/17/09 3:17 PM
StephenL

Edited: 01/17/09 3:17 PM
mine is fairtex.as my gear sits in my car during the day, i have to place the cup on the furnace to warm it up.

dave garcia has a funny story about a kid who tried to double leg him. kid's forehead his steel cup and it knocked him on his ass.

i think boxers should wear the steel cup too. too many fuckers wearing the huge groin protectors.
1/21/09 8:29 PM
blackmarknyc

Kai Tremeche - Do they sell western sized steel cups? I swear the one I bought was made for a midget or something.

I have the same problem. I wear one on each gonad and a third on my shotgun. looks ridiculous but it works.
1/23/09 6:01 AM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blackmarknyc - 
Kai Tremeche - Do they sell western sized steel cups? I swear the one I bought was made for a midget or something.

I have the same problem. I wear one on each gonad and a third on my shotgun. looks ridiculous but it works.
OK you fugging guys are just making shit up now, mine has enough room to stash a 6 pack of beer in there with my junk.....no lil peepee jokes either.

1/28/09 1:01 PM
worldsoldestsport

old school thai steel with the string/rope (however you call it) that ties behind your waist. BEST cup i've EVER WORN, bar none.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.