UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> dog food

11/11/08 12:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Total JJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - I feed my dogs with a super premium dog food (mostly use a local brand, but also pro pac and pro plan)

Pro Plan is Super Premium dog food?
11/11/08 3:10 AM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total JJ -
NorthFromHere - I feed my dogs with a super premium dog food (mostly use a local brand, but also pro pac and pro plan)

Yes.
11/11/08 3:47 AM
smileythai

NorthFromHere - 
Total JJ -
NorthFromHere - I feed my dogs with a super premium dog food (mostly use a local brand, but also pro pac and pro plan)

Yes.
Oh My! Learn much you must do...  lol 
11/11/08 4:15 AM
NorthFromHere
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"PRO PLAN is a super premium, specially formulated dry food developed by Purina veterinarians."

It's labeled and sold as super premium, therefore it's super premium. Even if it's not in the highest class in this category. If it doesn't meet your requirements of a super premium food, too bad.
11/11/08 4:35 AM
smileythai

^LOL

I can market a bag of shit as the next 'super premium' food additive. Doesn't make it so, not even if I have paid doctors and nutritionists on staff(ie: purina vets) giving it their support.

Independent dog food analysis has shown pro plan is a lower tier kibble. You wouldn't be doing much worse if you feed ol' roy as opposed to pro plan, you'd even save a few bucks!

11/11/08 8:28 AM
Total JJ

www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php 
11/24/08 10:35 AM
MikeD

So far everything seems okay since the full transition to Innova EVO. His poop is darker, as is in the color of the kibble, and is more firm, but that's all I can tell so far. Maybe he's not tearing as much, but I'm not totally sure of that yet.
11/25/08 2:55 AM
Ceelopez
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't make much like you all who buy all these top brands LOL, I stick with Kirkland Lamb & Rice because I believe its the best ingredients for such a price.

Mon/Wend/Fri - Kibbles/Wetfood/beef or chicken stock
Tues/Thurs/Sat - Kibbles /w Homemade Fatty Meatballs

Meatballs - 2lbs hamburger meat 6 Yolks 1cup peanut butter 2 cups crushed wheat(total) cereal, 1cup sweet potato, 1 cup heavy whipped cream 1tablespoon Olive oil, 2 bars of cream cheese. mix and make them into ping pong size balls. Dogs love it, Easy weight control, thats if you excercise your dog enough.
11/25/08 10:14 AM
MikeZev
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kirkland is actually not that bad for a bargain brand
11/25/08 11:49 AM
Ceelopez
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No its not, Im trying to learn more about Labels and what not and I find that Kirkland actually has better ingredients then most of the dog food out there, Of course Im not talking about Innova/Cannidae(I dont know about thier new formula)
11/25/08 12:34 PM
MikeZev
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

check it out
11/25/08 12:40 PM
Ceelopez

did they revamp that website, not many reviews on the food, Just one review per each.

I like http://www.rateitall.com/t-353-dog-food-brands.aspx
11/25/08 12:44 PM
MikeZev

yeah the site does the reviews themselves and very well at that.
11/25/08 2:05 PM
Ceelopez

Ah, yeah reading now its pretty extensive on the info. Bookmarked it
11/28/08 11:54 PM
MikeD

Okay, so I've noticed two other changes with the Innova EVO.

1. Smelly, downright disgusting gas

2. He doesn't seem to poop in one "sitting" now. He'll go in a spot, then move away 5' and go a little bit again.
11/29/08 12:24 AM
Ceelopez

Edited: 11/29/08 12:24 AM
Is this from the Innova Evo red meat? or just the reg. EVO Im picking up the Innova EVO Redmeat package next week. going to mix it in with the kibble he has already
11/29/08 7:30 AM
MikeD

Ceelopez - Is this from the Innova Evo red meat? or just the reg.

Just the regular small bites.
12/1/08 9:57 AM
MikeZev

its a really rich food so he might need a little time to adjust mike. i find that my dog takes about 2 weeks to fully get used to another type of food.
1/6/09 8:44 PM
MikeD

Not that anything was wrong before, but everything seems all good now. Unless there are some unforseen circumstances, I'll stick with this food for quite a while.
1/19/09 10:19 AM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total JJ - www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php 

I tried Innova after reading this site, but it gave my dog the runs and really bad gas. I still use it, but I combine it with Nutro, which is not as highly rated, but my dog likes it.
1/19/09 11:17 AM
MikeZev

^ i had similar results with innova when i fed it. I feed canidae chicken and rice or lamb and rice now. no gas.
1/19/09 11:43 AM
wiley

Nutro Lamb & Rice for Large Breeds. I might be switching soon though as the price has been going up and up and will be almost $70 for a large bag soon here in Canada. Apparently it has something to do with their supplier and the price of rice world wide.
2/5/09 10:48 PM
MikeD

My brother's Pyrynees(sp?)/Chow mix caught a wild rabbit and had that for dinner the other night.

He said he pranced around the rest of the day like he cured cancer.
2/5/09 11:22 PM
smarmysmile

^Like this?  lol

2/8/09 6:33 PM
MikeD

I don't know, but I bet it was the most satisfying meal of his life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.