UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Q for mario

10/25/08 12:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
John9821
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mario,

My buddie came up with a design that he really likes and drew himself and his artist said that it wouldnt transition well to being over the sholder/arm cause its more of a flat drawing??

Does that make sense? Should we find a different artist? should the artist try and work with the design to make it more apt to being on a wrapped/round body part?

As soon as I find a scanner, i'll post the pic here.
10/25/08 9:14 PM
Fernando

totally makes sense, you're talking to someone that works on the body on a daily basis.

He should be able to modify the design to fit curves of the body!
10/26/08 2:13 AM
John9821

well the guy basically said no and didnt want to continue to work with the idea, but it is my buddies body and what he wants, but understands it might not work, but wants to make somethign work, you know?
10/26/08 12:36 PM
MarioB

I agree with Fernando..but it depends on what the design is. It's funny the artist didn't want to play around with it some more just to be sure. Some guys dont like to actually put forth any effort sometimes. Post here if you can and I'll check it out and give you my opinion..hope everything works out.
11/1/08 1:18 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i get this all the time,

people want a dragon on the back w/ the head wrapping over the shoulder onto the chest.

from the back you have a decapitated dragon.

on the front you have a bodyless head.

Both sides look Gay. and now your telling everyone who did the tattoo of your not very well thought out design..... leads to a bad reputation for the tattoo artist.

Sounds like the guy is doing your friend a favor.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.