UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Let's talk wine.....

10/26/08 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any link between ancient secret societies and wine? Seems until recently wine was the passion of the elite, reserved for the old world families and the uppercrust(referring mostly to the New World here). It is used to symboloize the blood of Christ in the Catholic tradition. Anyone else have any interesting info on this anxient elixir?
10/27/08 2:45 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noah was credited in hebrew writings of being a grower of grapes,just for the purpose of having wine to drink.
10/27/08 4:12 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to look but there are whole sections in Talmud devoted to the care that must be..and still is..in making and distributing Kosher alcohol.  The biggest concerns in alcohol being Kosher is mostly about the strict supervision and handling of how the alcohol is made.  Some reasons given discuss the rituals used by surrounding peoples.  Many Jews today don't bother with wine being Kosher or not because these rituals are no longer in existance.  The peoples making the wines and alcohols today aren't cult priests or making prayers on it or anything or selling it after a particular impure ritual.  But, to explain why certian measures were taken the Talmud does go into a lot of what they found was going on.  I'm sure I could direct you to something that discusses the societies Jews were protecting themselves from.

10/31/08 12:03 AM
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting stuff, thanks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.