UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Fighter Losing weight not cutting weight

10/27/08 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jlau
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a female fighter that walks around at 130 and I need to lose weight to fight at 115 in January 2009. I need to be walking around at 125-123 before the fight and then cut water weight. I would like to do this the healthy way by dieting and increasing my cardio. Can anybody give me some advice about how to accomplish this?
11/24/08 4:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tapouttam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am 145 and usually try to compete at 135. I think that somebody needs to write a book about women fighters/athletes and how to lose/cut weight because it is definately different than the guys.

Here's what I have done. Hope it helps. About 2 months before I cut out all the crap food from my diet (you know what this is-soda,pizza,beer,candy etc..)

And I start uping the cardio. For a 10 min. match I do 5 min. of warm up and then intervals. Goes like this-for 10 mins. I do 30 secs. of high intensity and then 15 of moderate to low. then 5 min. cool down. This is treadmill or bike. This is 3-4 times a week, after 2 weeks try to up it to 1 min high and 30 secs mod./low.
-lots of water 1 gal.a day.
-train everyday
-I only eat complex carbs like wheat pasta, high fiber bread and this is only once a day. Eat about 1000 cal. a day, eat about 5 times a day, small amounts, don't get really hungy, try to eat about every two hours. lots of veggies and fruits-chicken and fish without sauce.
-I don't use the same protein drinks as the guys-I do like Light Muscle Milk-it is pretty low in cals/carbs.In place of a meal.
-Use 1000mg of Vit. C at least 2 x's a day and Flax seed oil pils or Fish oil.
-If you like sports drinks- water them down.

Hope this helps, and if you find anything that works well, be sure to post it, I am always looking for help in this department.

The best thing I have found that helps me is a "bitch buddy" this is another fighter that understands that losing weight sucks but losing a fight sucks more and they let you bitch about it and then tell you to shut up and fucking run.

Thanks Freak (my bitch buddy)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.