UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Magick

12/23/08 11:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jimmy23
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/24/08 12:01 AM
 " yeah, your points correct,  my view is this is influence, of your life and your surroundings, the majority think magick is what harry potter does in a movie, and gives that name a bad rep."

btw, I am non dualist, magick can be something as seemingly mundane as the laughter of a child or the love ofyour family, We like to categorize and divde, that is a human tendency, esp in this technological age, but  Reality  isreally all one big crazy shebang and any divisions we see are just in the way we percieve and interpet

again just my perspective

12/24/08 12:10 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh i agree with you, as Kraig put it, blowing your nose is an act of magick.

12/24/08 12:26 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm reading what Kai posted, and that is very similiar to what i do, just under the ways of Solomon, which is quite different over all. But the view and many ways are the same, some differnces would be, i don't claim to be a magician, i claim to be a Son of God, but many of the techniques after that are similiar. I believe as do all masons in one all mighty God, the architect of the universe, or the unborn one.
NO prayers to any goddesses or sub-gods.

Enoch the Great grandfather of Noah said that magick was practiced in Heaven, but not taught to man, for fear man would destroy himself. They were not near as smart back in those days, and i feel Father has no problem with it now; but i do feel and have been taught that all must be done with respect to Father.

I'd say that the cleansing and purification rituals are much more strict and much more demanding, with my ways.
And we are not allowed to use it to gain advantage over a fellow child of God. Very strict rule!
can be used to gain wisdom, wealth, health etc...
we believe all success is given by the Almighty, as is all punishment or failure.
time to read some more...

12/24/08 12:34 AM
Kai Tremeche
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert Wynne -  yeah, your points correct,  my view is this is influence, of your life and your surroundings, the majority think magick is what harry potter does in a movie, and gives that name a bad rep.
What Kai is doing is somewhat different than what i do, i believe there's limits to what you can do and can't do, and that it all reverts back to the Almighty.

My use is very specialized and only used occasionally. I believe in the greater thelematic idea of 'Will is all' mixed with the zen ideas of of the same very ideas.

Just I was using the sigil method because someone promised me that it works, it works crazy good.
12/24/08 12:37 AM
jimmy23
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

", and i feel Father has no problem with it now; but i do feel and have been taught that all must be done with respect to Father."

without a doubt

"I'd say that the cleansing and purification rituals are much more strict and much more demanding, with my ways. "

I certainly agree with that

"And we are not allowed to use it to gain advantage over a fellow child of God. Very strict rule!"

very smart rule, negative workings tend to have negative consequences, to everyone involved. Whih is why I think personal development, integrity and discernment are so important. Fire can warm you and cook your food, but it can also burn you up if you use it irresponsibly
12/24/08 2:34 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pop Magick is a great starting point and, for those who have a strong sense of trial-and-error, probably the only "book" they'll ever need.
12/24/08 6:12 PM
Kai Tremeche

Cluster: Is there a book now? I know Morrison was supposed to release something eventually other than his short essay here.
12/29/08 5:20 AM
Robert Wynne

anyone here read Kraigs Modern Magick?
1/2/09 9:36 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope. Very mixed reviews. What's your opinion.
1/2/09 10:34 PM
Robert Wynne

Edited: 01/03/09 8:18 AM
 i read it...i'd reccomend it for people new to the art.

1/29/09 9:25 PM
cluster

I'm gonna throw out Hands On Chaos Magic (no K) as a great book for everyone. Definitely worth a look-see.
5/6/10 5:54 AM
panic686
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be interested in learning about/how to do magic. Interested in the Solomon stuff and in Celtic magic. Was raised Catholic but do not totally know where I stand. Any good places to start? Btw, I am in Cincy but all my family is still in Detroit area and I may move back.
7/31/10 7:37 PM
WallaWalla
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of this is interesting to me, but I am a noob at it.
7/31/10 8:45 PM
Kai Tremeche

panic686 - I would be interested in learning about/how to do magic. Interested in the Solomon stuff and in Celtic magic. Was raised Catholic but do not totally know where I stand. Any good places to start? Btw, I am in Cincy but all my family is still in Detroit area and I may move back.

Go look up 'pop magick' on google.
8/1/10 4:46 AM
jimmy23

you can also sign up for the Builders of the Adytum course, or the Fraternity of Hidden Light, they offer correspondance courses that are very good 
8/5/10 7:49 AM
Slapnutz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elminster, Raistlin, Merlin, Gandolf and Harry Potter approve of this thread....
8/9/10 10:15 AM
cluster

Believe it or not, Inception was a very handy guide to ritual work. Watch it, read some of the above books and go back to watch it again and you'll see some interesting techniques in the film.
8/10/10 8:54 PM
scaredy cat
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I was sat there watching Inception thinking it was an instructional film on Chaos Magic.

As for readings for beginners, I think it depends on what your interest in magic is. If you're looking at it as a path of spiritual development to gain deeper knowledge or union with the God/The Divine/GAOTU then more ceremonial based guide books like Kraig's Modern Magick, Frater U.'.D.'s High Magick, Regardie's Golden Dawn, or Denning & Philips' The Foundations of High Magick, are the way to go. If you're wanting to start with magic to help you get the 3 F's (Food, Funds, Fornication) then more Chaos magick oriented stuff is probably your bag. I'd suggest Now That's What I Call Chaos Magick by Julian Vayne & Greg Humphries, Thee Grey Book by Temple of Psychick Youth (which is all over the internet), or Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine (also available for free online).
8/10/10 9:45 PM
Kai Tremeche

scaredy cat - If you're wanting to start with magic to help you get the 3 F's (Food, Funds, Fornication) then more Chaos magick oriented stuff is probably your bag.

Which comes down to the question, other than Grant Morrison, who's making real money out there turning things with Chaos Magick?
8/10/10 9:57 PM
scaredy cat
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exactly. Without all the other skills, like business acumen and a good work ethic, Chaos Magick is unlikely to make a huge impact on your bank balance.
8/10/10 10:00 PM
Kai Tremeche

scaredy cat - Exactly. Without all the other skills, like business acumen and a good work ethic, Chaos Magick is unlikely to make a huge impact on your bank balance.

As a --- once said: "It's interesting and impressive stuff, but won't save you from a Lion attack or keep get an IRS agent off your back from auditing you. "

Soft influence... I'm just still wondering if I'm doing it wrong.
8/10/10 10:11 PM
scaredy cat

Soft influence definitely. Just a gentle nudge at the right moment to help a series of events fall in a general direction.

Pete Carroll reckons that even the most skilled magicians only have a handful of really big results from magical working in their whole lives.
8/10/10 10:17 PM
Kai Tremeche

scaredy cat - Soft influence definitely. Just a gentle nudge at the right moment to help a series of events fall in a general direction.

Pete Carroll reckons that even the most skilled magicians only have a handful of really big results from magical working in their whole lives.

I know my big results got me through college, that's enough for me.
8/10/10 10:57 PM
jimmy23

I think a holistic approach is needed. Magick isnt going to do the ground work. If you dont study, you wont pass. If you dont run, you wont win a marathon,  no matter how much magick you do at what level

Magick isnt separate from life, it is an expansion of consciousness, a wider recognition and awareness of reality. One effect of this is to allow one to be more...effective. 

8/10/10 11:32 PM
cluster

Edited: 08/10/10 11:55 PM
fucking shitballs. Stupid edit. nevermind.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.