UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> attn Ponyboy

10/29/08 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mad tiger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a 97' quest that needs new motor mounts..how much could/should I expect from my brokkanic to fix? Anything I should know?.. Also needs new shocks.. How much of a pain in a** to change out? Im not totally useless and can wrench a bit but am limited in time/space/tools...

thanks my fren
11/1/08 11:53 PM
mad tiger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

come on dude we know your the nissan guy and we know you live here!!!
11/3/08 5:14 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never had to change out mounts on one but your trouble is probably allowing the engine to move about too much which will eventually crack the exhaust.

This car is a ford with a nissan engine so what you will find is that they might be easy to get to and change if you have a lift but might be tough if you don't have a lift.

I hate all engine mounts as they are always dirty and you have to move the engine about to line up the bolts many times.

Also......some are filled with oil and a pry bar used the wrong way will net you a holed mount.
11/4/08 12:43 AM
mad tiger

thanks for the tips! I got a quest as a team van to move the mats around. Its a beater lol but will work for the time being.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.