UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> chicken and dumplings recipes?

10/30/08 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Pun
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am prepping for cold weather and posting up a few ideas so I can try out some new winter recipes.
10/30/08 4:09 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're going to be fat.
10/30/08 5:27 PM
Zoso
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am curious about this as well. I use my grandmother's recipe but it seems remarkably non old fashioned. Would like something that does not require like 20 sticks of butter.
10/31/08 9:29 AM
Big Pun
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't use any butter, but the whole recipe is basically adding cream of chicken soup to your chicken stock after you boil it. Since the OG has a ton of cooks, maybe someone would have a better way.
11/2/08 7:44 PM
Zoso
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I guess I can at least post the recipe I use.

Water...like I dunno 2 quarts I guess. Chicken...doesn't matter what. I usually buy some quarters or whatever is cheap. Boil the chicken for a few hours. Salt, pepper, butter.

I cook some chicken breasts. Let them cool.

Then I strain out the chicken and bones...sometimes I used the boiled chicken back in it, most of the time I don't. I shred the chicken breasts and add it to the stock. Then I take 4 cans of "cheap" biscuits and flatten then out cutting them into small pieces.

Add biscuits to the stock a little at a time so they don't stick together...and voila...chicken and dumplings. I like it...really low effort.

Obviously you could make up a dough...these are like 4 cans for a $1 biscuits...so really low cost.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.