UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Stews and soups

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/30/08 3:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Pun
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

add your favorites here
10/30/08 4:08 PM
Tys
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Campbell's Scotch Broth.
11/4/08 9:17 AM
Tys
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot and Sour Soup
11/7/08 1:38 PM
Tys

Capaletti or however it's spelled soup is good too. My wife made some last night and I sabotaged it with some cubed up beef brisket I did last weekend, carrots, and beans.

It was delicious.
11/7/08 1:39 PM
Tys

That's a smoked brisket for you putzes who don't know how to cook brisket.
11/12/08 5:36 PM
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tys - Campbell's Scotch Broth.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, MmmmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmMmmmmmm!!!

I like a good plain chicken noodle.

Also a nice tomato soup with a sandwich.

Soup and Sammies are a great meal!
11/28/08 11:31 PM
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Grandmothers Meatball soup, I like it!

**this is for a very large portion of soup, since we make it during family gatherings, take away from these if you want to make less* For a more soupy soup, add more water or broth...

1-2lbs of lean hamburger
"Make into small meatballs, fry in pan with garlic, onion powder, salt and peper, a pinch each. Fry to keep shape only, do not get a hard texture on the outside. Raw inside will cook into the soup and flavor it.

- 2 box size potions of chicken broth. (about about 5 cans)
- 4 cups of water
- bring to boil
- Take 2 packages of lipton noodle soup, take noodles away from the powder mix, and add powder mix to soup. Save only 1 package of the noddles and disgard the second package of noodles.
- Small chopped celery (3 stems) (try to get some of the leafs in there)
- Diced yellow onions (2 onions) (glaze in a fry pan to get more flavor then add)
- 3 diced full sized carrots carrots
- 3 diced potatoes
- Simmer for 1-2 hrs, longer the better.
- 25 minutes before ready to eat, add that 1 package of noodles that were saved.

It's very cheap to make, and I think since i've been eating it since i've been about 5 is why I love it so much!

We make this and eat it with something we call whostierbroi.

It's homemade bread dough, we flatten the bread dough into a pizza type shape then we take hamburger and make it into a hotdog shape. Spice it up with whatever you want... then put it on the bread dough, wrap it up so it's all incolsed.

Bake in the oven, and have that with the meatball soup!! that's what we do, every christmas ;)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.