UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> going through handgun permit process in NYC

11/1/08 8:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jrrrrr
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone recently gone through the handgun permit process in NYC? Any tips, advise, etc?
11/2/08 1:04 AM
pumpkinpuss
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carry or Premises?
11/2/08 2:54 PM
jrrrrr
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just premise
11/5/08 7:45 PM
dennis5
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to One Police Plaza room 152. They will give you an application and some papers with some instructions. I've had my target/premises permit for over 20 years! Im sure the process has changed a bit! There are some people who charge you a fee to walk you through the process. Check the NY Daily News or the NY Post in the sports section. Good Luck!
11/10/08 3:17 PM
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They will drive you crazy.

Make sure that you call and ask what times they are open to do the exact thing that you want to do.

They have different time slots for different things.

Always have two extra pictures on you whenever you go down there.   They will fuck with you, by not telling you you need new pics each time you go down there for an inspection.    They also take digital pics now, under some circumstances.

The process is made as difficult as possible.
11/13/08 10:40 AM
Willybone
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The process is made as difficult as possible.

I heard this from many different sources when I was looking into a permit, including a few guys who eventually got theirs.
Thankfully, I moved to CT, where the process is just a little easier.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.