SoldierGround >> Longest Sniper Kill

11/4/08 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/04/08 5:19 PM
lol -

you are the biggest douche on the forum

i love the way you marginalize the shooters all some of the best shooters in the world as well as one guy ranked 11th in the world, as "you and your friends"

bet still stands tard - 1k (or more) says jack spanks your ass in shooting competitions

why didnt you even address that when i brought it up last time?

we'll film it and show he OG just how good YOU are

I guess some of the best trained shooters in the world would have no idea of what is or isnt possible, but you do.

didnt some no name hillbilly show you how to shoot?

I'm sure your hillbilly buddy can make the shot, right?

I'll take jack vs your hillbilly in competition too

they've got the range already set up - you just need to get there
11/4/08 5:24 PM
sreiter

hey jack,

dont you have spotters glass?

why do you need to run out and check the target - count you just look through the glass when the other guy is shooting to verified the hit?
11/4/08 5:34 PM
AGSa

Just thought Id throw these pics in of my L.R. setup.

This is a Rem 700 .308 in a McMillan stock. Rings and base are badger. Glass is a M1 Loopy. Sling is from tactical intervention.

Hey Jack, you know lowlight over on the hide? Its a decent forum.

Blue, please help.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_3484.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_3488.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_3487.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_34861.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_3489.JPG
11/4/08 5:36 PM
Jack_Burton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lurken is a troll, lol.

We have spotters, but some times its really hard to tell, especially when the sun is really bright.
11/4/08 5:38 PM
Lurken

LOL at your pudgy cunt ass jumping in when I asked jack a question. Also referring to the guy as the number 11 shooter in the world. Maybe in 3 gun but he aint shit in long range if he cant hit 1380. fuck your such a little punk. And you never challenged me. Neither has Jack.

I may be mistaken but jack burton is saying that the furlong shot is not possible. Or is he saying it cannot be duplicated. if so did he and #11 champion of the galaxy try to duplicate the mile and a half shot made by furlong? I think not. He has already said they have not shot a fifty cal on those targets. Maybe jack Burton should stop big assing by putting down and casting doubt on a confirmed real deal long range shooter ( Furlong). And by doing so casting doubt on hathcock who made a shot with witnesses almost as long.

And its funny that you would refer to my instructors as hillbillys. Not even close slapnuts. You have no idea who you are talking to. Many of my instructors have been to gunsite to sample the instruction. OVERPRICED. That is all shorty. Nothing bad about Gunsite. Nothing that makes it the best either.

Jack Burton can tell the story about his unk distance range and it would be just as kool without putting down a shooter and saying the shot cannot be made.
11/4/08 5:39 PM
AGSa

BTW, in case anyone who knows anything about shooting cares, I am using lapua brass, varget (44.3gr), sierra HPBT (175gr) benchrest primers. OAL is 2.805" Trimmed case is 2.000"
11/4/08 5:43 PM
AGSa

e. kaye -  If my memory is correct,  on the show Superweapons they had one show on advanced sniper rifles and they were shooting at 2000 yards or something close.

That was the .408 Cheyenne Tac
11/4/08 5:54 PM
Triangles
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Burton - Ya I hard about that Carlos Babcock guy I think. He was a navy guy who used to put a purple feather in his baseball hat or something right?

;-)

Not sure. Trying to find a wiki or something on him, but I must have his name wrong or something. I'll have to go back through my magazines and try to find that article.
11/4/08 6:58 PM
effinggoof
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are a couple of reasons that I believe Furlong made the shot.

First of all, to say he did not is in effect calling a Canadian soldier from an honourable regiment a liar...I would not do that without evidence. IRL doing so would get me into fights real quick.

Other Canadian snipers from the same operation also made shots that redefined what was thought possible...Master Cpl Perry made a shot that was nearly as long.

I don't think that anyone is saying that these shots can be made on demand, but I do believe that Furlong made it.
11/4/08 8:19 PM
armlok
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWESOME RANGE JACK!!!

Tell me about your scout!!! I had a pseudo scout built for me in .270 in a MarkX action...not true to the concept, but it's shits and grins.
11/4/08 8:53 PM
mrarmbar2you
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xcouturefan - I read a book on Carlos Hathcock, very impressive guy. Makes me proud to be an American.

He didn't have shit on Babcock, IMO.peace

Jack - I thought for sure you'd have a .50 out there. I'm sure you have access to a few?
11/4/08 8:54 PM
mrarmbar2you
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/4/08 9:02 PM
armlok
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For AGSa

11/4/08 9:04 PM
armlok

11/4/08 9:16 PM
sreiter

Triangles - 
Jack_Burton - Ya I hard about that Carlos Babcock guy I think. He was a navy guy who used to put a purple feather in his baseball hat or something right?

;-)

Not sure. Trying to find a wiki or something on him, but I must have his name wrong or something. I'll have to go back through my magazines and try to find that article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock
11/4/08 9:42 PM
sreiter

Lurken - LOL at your pudgy cunt ass jumping in when I asked jack a question.

lol - still waiting for your pics fuckhead -

me in my prime - wheres your shit?

Also referring to the guy as the number 11 shooter in the world. Maybe in 3 gun but he aint shit in long range if he cant hit 1380. fuck your such a little punk. And you never challenged me. Neither has Jack.

I challenged you on the other current gun thread you opened your fucking mouth on

I'm challenging you NOW

Jack was a sniper with sta and force recon
guess he aint shit either

And its funny that you would refer to my instructors as hillbillys. Not even close slapnuts. You have no idea who you are talking to. Many of my instructors have been to gunsite to sample the instruction. OVERPRICED. That is all shorty. Nothing bad about Gunsite. Nothing that makes it the best either.

YOU told me the guys who taught you were no name, never went to training dudes, who taught you a 2 or 3 move presentation. just some yahoo's who never did shit and obviously dont know shit

Jack Burton can tell the story about his unk distance range and it would be just as kool without putting down a shooter and saying the shot cannot be made.

well, since marine trained snipers (and others) are doing all the math to calculate what it would take to make the shot, i think they are in a better position then YOU to know what is or isnt possible

i suppose if i had a weapon capable of firing a round that far and every day for the rest of my life i started taking random shots in the woods, i might hit something out there

he's saying my way to spot and aim for a man in that terrain, under cover, etc.

oh, and lmao @ you and your .50 cal

ever shoot one fuck wad? i did with a different friend who was a marine sniper instructor.

they're for taking out trucks not people

if you want sub MOA you gotta bench rest that fucker

and i seriously doubt the cancucks are supplying match grade ammo to shooters with a .50 since the .50 isnt a sniper rifle

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=376098
11/4/08 9:47 PM
sreiter

Square Saltine -  Jack, whose the sweet pair-o-tits in the pics.  You should be motorboatin, not shooting lame ass guns.

show respect

thats his wife
11/4/08 10:08 PM
MolsonMuscles
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demandango - Canadians can see farther and shoot better than Americans. It simple snipesmanship.

Truth.
11/4/08 10:10 PM
Gib
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm, i find it a bit insulting to the CF that people are so quick to disregard this accomplishment. I wonder how the forum would react if someone started shitting on the claims of a great military accomplishment by an american soldier?

No, i think we know what would happen...
11/4/08 10:16 PM
KlingKiteMayor

Jack_Burton - I will make a quick comment on this subject, even though I am swearing off gun threads.

Last year my dad (who is a major player in the firearms arena) held a friendly contest to see if anyone could make any shots like this.

On his property he put 4 targets - man sized shoulder and head steel silhouettes at various ranges - something like 460ish - 680ish - 980ish and 1380ish. We used multiple laser range finders to check everything. They are painted a light brown color only, and have no camo at all. They are also not using any kind of cover or concealment that a normal person would use.

For the contest, you get to sit on his front porch and scan across a mntn canyon and the goal is to find, and hit each target. This is a non tactical event. You have bino's. laser range finder, chairs, supported firing position, a grill, etc.

So far we have had probably 17-18 guys play. 3 USMC trained snipers, two SEALS, a couple FBI HRT, a secret service, a former Delta operator, a couple SWAT types, a professional hunter from Thorney Bush game perserve in South Africa and others. The best shooter was Steve Hendricks, a Gunsite instructor, grandmaster three gun shooter, last ranked 11th in the world.

So far only Earnest, the professional hunter was able to spot the three closest targets, No one has been able to find the target at 1380 without having it pointed out. Additionally no one has hit the target at 1380 yet either, and honestly most people miss the 980 a couple times.

Mathematically most precision rifles are shooting at 1 MOA. Thats 1" groups at 100 yards under PERFECT conditions. So at 1380 yards that 13.8 inch groups in a PERFECT condition. With even the slightest wind and regular human error, in addition to normal ballistic issues it all but but mathematically impossible to make the shots people are claiming.

We have this friendly contest going for some time, and so far no one has been able to show the error of our presumption and actually make these shots.

These shots are not duplicatable, and a lot of guys who are way smarter than me about ballistics, and way better shooters than I am think this all bullshit.

how can you not see a human being from a mile away?
11/4/08 10:28 PM
sreiter

Edited: 11/04/08 10:29 PM
Square Saltine - 
sreiter - 
Square Saltine -  Jack, whose the sweet pair-o-tits in the pics.  You should be motorboatin, not shooting lame ass guns.

show respect

thats his wife

How is that not respectful, thats the dearest compliment you can recieve on the OG you no-good sonovabitch

lolollo

i'm sure jack took it as a compliment

he's my bro, so i have to have his back
11/4/08 10:48 PM
Squatdog

Wow...Sreiter was a rectangular orange box in his prime!
11/4/08 10:55 PM
AGSa

thanks armlok.

I was positive those pics werent that big when I uploaded them?!
11/5/08 12:10 AM
sreiter

Squatdog - Wow...Sreiter was a rectangular orange box in his prime!

pic works 4 me
11/5/08 12:52 AM
Triangles
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

I knew I was spelling his name wrong! thanks man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.