UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> What would YOU like to see?

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hal5150
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Great question Phil. I would like to see something on the other 2 D's. We all love the "Defend" part and spend most of our time there. A tape with some realistic scenes/scenarios on "Detect" and "Defuse" may trigger some drills we can all do in training. Hal Pierce PDR Team
Sean Mulligan

Personally, the HTBAG is still one of my fav.'s as it introduces practically everything that someone looking to start studying TCMS concepts needs at an introductory level. What i would really like to see is a HTBAG Intermediate or Advanced level tape, introducing many of the concepts which have evolved in the past ten+ years. And possible a "Good Behaviour for Ground Fighting" tape. (wink, wink) Sean
Varley

P , What about a video that explores nothing but the pre-physical conflict . Maybe isolating such things as verbal diffusing tactics in great detail ( ie : what works or doesn't for different individuals , ex : hunter or howler etc ? ) . A tape that delves into all the tools that might equip an individual with the best chance at diffusing a conflict before it escalates to the physical . Perhaps covering the importance of things like language , tone , body language , NVP's , fear management , etc and weaving these into various detailed scenarios , or case studies . V.
ironmongoose

Yah, I'd be into that. ABC's and Science of the Sucker Punch are great (SSP's in my VCR right now) but I imagine his psychological stuff has progressed, as have his physical drills. I heard he was thinking to do a multiple assailants video, I'll buy that. I'd love to see something on dealing with firearms, but I heard he'd never make such a tape for civvies. I liked the scenario-specific analysis we saw in RapeSafe and Children First. I'll have to think about this. IM
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"How to beat a grappler" should be in everyone's library. I can't think of anything, but to just continue to perfect the material.
P

Hi All, I'd like to take this opportunity ask you all what your favorite BLAUER videos are and why they're your favorites. Considering the size and scope of the library I realize it's a fairly daunting task but I'd appreciate the input. I'm also VERY interested in what you'd LIKE to see that we haven't filmed yet! You see, we have this amazing new pro quality digital camera and wireless microphone and we're itching to use it! So please, let us know what YOU want and we'll try to get Mr. Blauer to stand still long enough to film it! Thanks! Phil@TonyBlauer.com
10/9/01 5:41 PM
Brent1

Edited: 09-Oct-01
I agree with raptor prime....but how about a new Forging a Fighting System tape for the new millenium and a solo or attribute training tape. Brent1
10/9/01 5:30 PM
JYoung

Edited: 09-Oct-01
Tony: I have ordered and have been using the BYOB program and several other tapes I purchased over the past year. I really have enjoyed reviewing and using your materials and would like to know how to get more high level training. What do you suggest? Can you explain a little more about the PDR Team program or other high level programs that you offer? John
10/10/01 11:51 AM
OpenMinded1

Edited: 10-Oct-01
What about, An updated version of “Panic Attack” with a different twist. The first scenerios could show the average person male/female/young/old and how they would respond with NO knowledge of BTCMS or no mental toolbox and the outcome. Then maybe show how the MMA or traditionalist would react(fighting fire with fire), then someone knowing when/how to apply BTCMS teachings, having a directive, 3D’s, Submissive NVP(feigning fear), SOS, 1st strike, stun and run along with the outcome of each scenario. Tony narrating, with him pointing out where things went wrong and why. This can be geared towards introducing someone to BTCMS. What about a video for children? NOT one for adults teaching children but one geared for the child. How to use the 3 D’s with multiple options for each, some not requiring physical violence. Something so the child can SEE someone of they’re size in a situation facing adults as well as other children being successful. Another thought, For PDR participants, is there a requirement to tape (video or audio) the PDR student teaching and or explaining principles after participating in a PDR?? Teaching and communication techniques can be reviewed and criticized, Just a thought. George
jsteinmann

I'm going to second (third, fourth, whatever) the call for a tape on the Detect and Defuse stages. Multiple Assailants would be cool. All I can think of for now... Jake
raptor_prime

I can't say I have only one favorite, but ones I'd like to see: 1. A comprehensive video showing drills/techniques we should be working on. 2. Perhaps a more modern Panic Attack video using the SPEAR and other innovations Tony has made since the original set? 3. A video specializing in fighting multiple opponents, armed and unarmed - maybe this would be part of the "new" Panic Attack video? 4. As others said earlier, a detect and diffuse video. That's about it. No matter what Tony comes out with it will undoubtedly be good.
P

Great stuff so far! Keep it coming!
10/10/01 2:12 PM
MitchJ

Edited: 10-Oct-01
I'd love a Tony Blauer workout tape. 30 - 60 minutes of drills after drills that you can just put on and follow (once you have the basics), build a sweat and keep your skills sharp. Tony Tae-Bo ;) Mitch J.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.