UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ Penn is becoming a BEAST (Video)

11/5/08 2:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caliphornia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and some people say he can't be in shape at 170. pshhh. BJ wasn't lying when he said he was going to add muscle this time instead of pure fat like last time. pierre, you're going to get hurt!
11/5/08 6:23 AM
bigD13B
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ivory - i guess its comforting somehow to know that im substantially stronger than BJ penn. Oh wait he can still destroy my very existence in this realm.

Nevermind.

Hahaha that was almost my exact chain of thought too :)
11/5/08 8:30 AM
deadlyonetwo3
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's been lifting like this for a couple of months already. It's all on his website. I'd say he's going to be substantially stronger and in better shape then we've ever seen BJ at 170 pounds.
11/5/08 8:40 AM
DiscoNfrno
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New muscle will hurt his speed, flexibillity, and cardio. 

GSP by Grape Stomp.
11/5/08 8:48 AM
canuck34
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow...that video simply furthers my belief that GSP is going to absolutely destroy BJ this time.
11/5/08 8:49 AM
Corgster

He's still fat, look at his face...

I look forward too see how he will handle his 'new body'
11/5/08 9:29 AM
Jeff W
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With 90 days of nothing but training and lifting and preparing for GSP - I say he'll be ready. The fact that he's lifting at ALL shows his dedication to this fight.
11/5/08 9:33 AM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"if anything, that vid should be quite worrying to the BJ nuthuggers."

LOL. Yes because GSP had to resort to taking down and laying on a fat, ill conditioned BJ in order to earn a split decision. Penn at 170 because of muscle and in shape rather than pudgy should be very comforting to GSP and worrisome to Penn. Remember its still 90 days out... That's some real straw grasping there. 90 days out last time he was probably splitting his time between McDonalds and the bar.
11/5/08 9:36 AM
Sean McCorkle
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can someone that weak be that tough?
11/5/08 9:37 AM
disbeliever
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DJStudd - LMAO @ the thread title and that vid.

nothing in that vid was even close to being impressive, the least impressive thing was the condition BJ was in and the numbers he was doing.

if anything, that vid should be quite worrying to the BJ nuthuggers.

What a dumb bastard. Because a cut together editted video shows the entire lifting routine, his max's and everything else?

give me a break with this crap
11/5/08 9:37 AM
Ausgepicht

TiTTy!
11/5/08 9:41 AM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just hope GSP signs and we get to see the fight regardless of who wins. It'll be fun.
11/5/08 9:47 AM
Billyz

he does crossfit too. its not about the weight he might be doing crazy strength and conditioning style workouts that call for lower weights to be incorporated with other movements. plus it looked like a circuit chest and shoulder on the same day doesn't really equate to putting up big numbers. add in biceps and triceps, shrugs and whatever else he was doing and the weights he was doing are actually pretty damn good for a circuit like that...
11/5/08 9:49 AM
Mad Xyientist
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP by domination.
11/5/08 9:53 AM
canuck34
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"LOL. Yes because GSP had to resort to taking down and laying on a fat, ill conditioned BJ in order to earn a split decision."

Yes, the same GSP who could only see from one eye and still landed more strikes in that fight (you can find the "compubox" numbers online). He easily dominated BJ in the wrestling and BJ "BJJ superstar" Penn never even came close to putting GSP in trouble with a sub.

Since then, GSP has improves about 10000%.

GSP will finish him easy.
11/5/08 9:54 AM
reverend john
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah my first thought was thats a body building workout not a strength work out, but if he is trying to put on muscle that might make sense.

The thing is, muscle needs oxygen, so putting on muscle will not make your cardio better than putting on fat. As long as he is putting in his road work, and his hours in the cage, he will be fit. Trying to put on some muscle may help being heavier, but I think the cross fit, and power lifting stuff would help him more.

rev
11/5/08 10:07 AM
disbeliever
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want to see this fight regardless of anything else. Its 2 of the best in the world, and obviously there is some bad blood brewing and so much at stake. Anyone who is not excited for this is crazy.

Although it does F up the divisions o.O
11/5/08 10:11 AM
CruJones
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
11/5/08 10:15 AM
bhamill

"Since then, GSP has improves about 10000%.

GSP will finish him easy."

LOL. Okay, so GSP will finish Penn in the first 30 seconds then? I'll buy a blue name just to make a bet on that.

"You might have a point if GSP wasn't 10 times the fighter now than he was during the first fight with Penn."

I agree GSP has improved, but not to the exaggerated extent you guys do. I find it odd that you think a guy knicknamed The Prodigy because of how fast he learns and improves has stagnated since their last fight tho.

I just hope GSP has the stones to quit stalling and sign, otherwise the argument is moot.
11/5/08 10:20 AM
bhamill

"GSP hasn't signed for the fight yet?!?"

Nope.
11/5/08 10:22 AM
MNFAN

In every physical aspect of this fight I favor GSP, but only slightly.

In every mental aspect of this fight I favor Penn, by a huge margin.

If this thing comes down to a battle of wills, BJ will steal GSP's heart. GSP is going to have to establish dominance early and often, if not, you have a new 170 lb champ.
11/5/08 10:25 AM
Winnson
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OH, I thought the fight was a done deal. Hmmm.

If GSP can keep Penn's fingers out of his eyes, there's no contest here I don't think.

Penn's a great fighter, but GSP'll be too much for him.
11/5/08 10:41 AM
Boldar

While I think BJ has obviously turned the corner on his conditioning, I think that GSP too has improved since their last fight.  GSP still wins this but this time by UD.
11/5/08 10:46 AM
glock4life

Can someone tell me who makes that song?
11/5/08 10:49 AM
Hardcharger

DJStudd - LMAO @ the thread title and that vid.

nothing in that vid was even close to being impressive, the least impressive thing was the condition BJ was in and the numbers he was doing.

if anything, that vid should be quite worrying to the BJ nuthuggers.

What did you expect to be the thread title, given the Penn nuthugger/GSP troll who posted it. It's predictably laughable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.