UnderGround Forums

UG Errors and Suggestions >> Suggestion for Stats Database (should be easy)

11/5/08 9:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TUFF-N-UFF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUFF-N-UFF FC, Media Relations

I have run websites for several MMA events and currently and part of the TUFF-N-UFF team. I always like it when I go to an event's website if I can look and see the results from their previous events. Even more importantly I like it if those results match up with the results I find on Stats website, especially mixedmartialarts.com.

I suggest the results page on mixedmartialarts.com for every event or for the specific promotion have a RSS  feed option so that event the official stats/results from mixedmartialarts.com listed on their website without changing the look and feel of their website. They would just have to use the RSS code and that would be it. When mixedmartialarts.com results are updated, the information would automatically appear on the website as well.

PS. I want to work with you Kirik.

eric@tuffnuff.net
11/5/08 9:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TUFF-N-UFF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUFF-N-UFF FC, Media Relations
 I am sure most of you know what RSS is but for those who may not, I will post some info.

----------------
What is syndicated content (RSS)?
Syndicated content, otherwise known as Really Simple Syndication (RSS), is a popular way to distribute information from websites. Using RSS, a news site or a blog can feed its news articles or entries to a group of subscribers automatically. Because RSS is still new, not all websites can publish in RSS. However, there are thousands of RSS sources, and you can find those sources all over the world.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.