UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Passed the bar!

11/8/08 5:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fake Pie
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

W00t!

I promised the Fonz I would post my MBE score on here so I will TTT this when it comes in.
11/8/08 5:24 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulations. Now go get lit up!

WAIT! You haven't been sworn in yet. Get lit up after that.
11/9/08 6:58 PM
Shaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats, welcome to the herd!

-Shaz!
11/9/08 9:37 PM
Fake Pie
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For ArthurFonzerill:

169 raw, 181 scaled.
11/9/08 11:30 PM
sym

Congrats.
11/12/08 12:44 AM
Xtina

congrats
11/12/08 5:17 PM
Grappledog
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats.  That is an amazing MBE score.
11/13/08 4:58 PM
pm1964
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor bastard.
11/13/08 8:35 PM
goku

grats...time to die
11/16/08 2:26 AM
east
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I passed NY!  Not sure about my scores since I haven't gotten the letter in the mail yet.
12/3/08 9:15 AM
Fake Pie

"good job, what is the avg score, in the 160's? "

Average SCALED is in the 140-150 range IIRC.
12/3/08 4:04 PM
seg
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/08 4:04 PM
 Suckers!

The diploma privilege is a method for lawyers to be admitted to the bar without taking a bar examination. Once used by as many as 32 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, Wisconsin is currently the only state that offers the diploma privilege for admission to its state bar. Originally used as a method to foster the growth of formal legal education the privilege began fading early last century in common with the tightening of requirements seen in other learned professions. This early trend may be exemplified by states such as California where the privilege was abolished in 1917. Most recently, West Virginia did away with the privilege in 1988, preceded by Montana and South Dakota in 1983, while Mississippi had done so in 1981.

Wisconsin's diploma privilege goes back to 1870, when it was passed as part of the same legislation that established the University of Wisconsin Law School. At that time, a law department was established in the State University and a course of study under able instructors was prescribed for students in the law department. The 1870 law provided that graduates of this department should be entitled to admission to the bar upon their certificate of graduation. It was offered to encourage future lawyers to get a formal legal education instead of simply "reading law", which was the typical legal training of the time.[2] This has ever since been known as "diploma privilege."

The upshot of the privilege is that, in Wisconsin, graduates of the two American Bar Association-accredited law schools in the state—the Marquette University Law School and the University of Wisconsin Law School—may seek admission to the State Bar of Wisconsin without having to sit for a bar examination.

Graduates of out-of-state law schools, even if they are Wisconsin residents, must still take the Wisconsin bar exam to be admitted in Wisconsin.

12/4/08 8:13 AM
LiveWire
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, sorry I originally missed this... Congrats bro.
1/11/09 3:33 PM
Fake Pie

Post them links please. I need an ego boost.

"What substantive materials and what practice questions did you use to prepare for the MBE? How did you split your time between studying outlines and doing practice questions? Did you actually learn the rule against perpetuities? "

I did BarBri. Went to all the lectures and took notes. I did all of the practice questions BarBri tells you to do (using the software mostly). I was more lax on reading the lecture notes (I didn't outline in law school or for bar prep) than I should have been but I reread everything I could when I could.

I never had trouble with the Rule so I just read whatever the lecture notes said and did the practice questions on them. MD also doesn't test it on the essay so I wasn't super concerned.
4/13/09 3:11 PM
Fake Pie

Sweet. Congrats!
4/13/09 10:17 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FL will send you your actually scores. Congrats
4/23/09 11:21 AM
Dcastillo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did you do to prepare?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.