UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> should i neuter my dog?

11/11/08 1:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiSmAnTLeR
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is a six year old miniture pinscer. any behaviour issues are minimal and from what i understand it is much too late for neutering to correct them.

for me it is the cancer issue but i have an irrational fear of him being put under. he is very sketchy around vets and mine said they would not be able to do bloodwork and would have to guess on a safe dose.

i wanted to kill him for merely suggesting we take a chance on my dogs life like that.
11/11/08 10:00 PM
smileythai

The cancer/surgery fears are irrational. At six he's not an old man yet, and poor nutrition is a more likely cause for cancer in animals and humans alike then keeping the sexual organs we're all born with(mutants aside).

http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdf

Behaviors modifications are best handled via proper training.

Neuter only if you're truly worried about random/unwanted breeding. It still boils down to a control/training issue, but at least you'd be doing it for a legitimate reason.
11/11/08 11:21 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

thanks for the link and info.

there is no risk of unwanted breeding so i guess my little guy gets to keep his nuts.
11/12/08 1:41 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're not taking your dog to the dog park or giving him interaction with random dogs i wouldnt bother putting the little guy through a surgery. though it is a pretty simple procedure for males and will reduce his risk of some cancers to 0%.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.