UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Weapons Kept in your home-Non Firearms

11/11/08 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hunting
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick question oh Law Gurus,

What is the law pertaining to keeping weapons in your own home such as knives, Swords, Batons, other Martial Arts weapons? Again, no guns, not a convicted Felon, and they never leave the home.

They are kept in a very large case in a locked room. No children. This is in CT by the way.

I have spoken to the State police and they say that it is legal to own them just not carry them. But I need some more info from a lawyer here if possible.

Any direction to where I can look up these laws would be great. I have tried...I know, I know, I suck at the Internet. lol

Thanks people!

Hunting
11/14/08 4:06 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I don't know if anybody here is licensed in CT. However, I don't think there are any legal issues with it.

As an attorney we are supposed to be counselors, not just legal advisors. As such I would advise you from a practical perspective that that kinda shit might not impress the chicks to much. All sorts of shit laying around the house which could be used to decapitate or torture usually doesn't fly. Although there are so chicks that are into that kinda shit and they are usually pretty good in the sack.

So in closing you are limiting your options, but you very well might get some sick crazy ass sex out of it.
11/18/08 7:44 PM
hunting

Actually, I really do simply collect them and yes, my girlfriend loves them and is "into that kind of shit".

lol

Seriously though, thank you for the input.

Again, I spoke to the state police and they were oh, so pleasant in their response but they did say it was not illegal. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw a post up here.

Thanks again,

And anyone else's info is also appreciated to where I can look the specific law(or all CT laws for that matter) up myself online would be great.
11/19/08 7:32 AM
Fake Pie
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll see if I can find an onlne site of all CT statutes. I have Lexis access but that doesn't help you.
11/20/08 3:25 PM
hunting

Thanks Fake Pie. I appreciate the effort.
11/20/08 3:49 PM
Steve72
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Links to 49 states' statutes.   www.law.cornell.edu/states/listing.html

(PA still hasn't gotten around to this interweb thing)

11/24/08 4:13 PM
Fake Pie
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In addition to Cornell, here is CT's own webpage which is probably more up to date. I love what Cornell does but a lot of their stuff doesn't get updated.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/titles.htm
11/24/08 4:16 PM
Steve72
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahem.

My link leads to your link, and the respective links of the legislatures of 48 other states besides.
(click on "Connecticut" anf then "statutes")

I demand satisfaction for your slight to my honor, sirrah.
11/24/08 4:54 PM
Fake Pie

So it does. Sorry, sometimes Cornell has their own listings for things.
11/24/08 5:21 PM
Steve72

SATISFACTION!
11/25/08 7:54 AM
hunting

Thanks for the help guys!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.