UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Stillwater Review

11/12/08 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I put in an order recently and got my stuff 4 days later. pretty fast processing and shipping. Spoke directly with Shane who owns the place, nice guy. This is what i got/what I think:

2" camo collar w 2 ply nylon, 2"silver on black 3 ply ans 1.5" silver on black 3 ply. - these are pretty heavy duty collars, cant see any dog busting one of these. The hardware is serious too. the d ring on the 2 inchers are pretty thick so make sure the buckle on your lead is big enough. they are hand made and i noticed a little imperfection in mine, no big deal. the velcro ends are a really nice touch - doesnt leave the end dangling.

1"reflective collars. good for hunting or walking at night. I gave him my dogs' neck measurements and only one of the collars fit. gotta make another hole in one myself, again, no big deal. hardware is obviously smaller but still pretty solid.

11/12/08 2:03 PM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also ordered the nylon walking harness. not very happy with it. It says it will fit a 30-60lb dog but my 45lber was swimming in it. I have to poke a hole about 6 inches smaller than the smallest on there for it to fit but the cross chest peice still rides too low - limits her front leg movement. I left a message for shane about it but have not gotten a call back. Talked to someone who had the same problem too.

I'd definitely reccomend ordering the collars from here though - more than worth the money. I got 5 collars and a harness for $49 shipped. cant beat that.
11/12/08 9:52 PM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks good. Might have to look into those seatbelt collars a little more. My scratch pants have seatbelt shoulder straps, strong as heck and less friction, imo.

Orange hunting collars are cool, but I still don't understand the damn O-ring physicis. It flips over itself, releasing the dog if it gets caught on something? I've seen some 2" leather safety ring collars before, no way in hell they're doing that if fitted properly(ie: 1-2 fingers fit between collar and neck). Would have to be loose as heck for that idea to work, wouldn't it? If that's the case then no wonder the dog's getting caught on stuff! lol
11/13/08 8:26 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer the Y-shaped harness. Just bought my boy a padded Y-harness seen on this pic. Fits like a glove.

11/13/08 9:11 AM
MikeZev

smiley the seatbelt collars are great. before he made them with just seatbelts, now there is a peice of nylon in the middle to stiffen it up.

northfromhere, whered you get the harness?
11/13/08 1:17 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MikeZev,
Those are made by Hurtta. www.hurttacollection.com
I don't know if they have a distributor in North America.
11/13/08 3:06 PM
MikeZev

ah thats right, forgot you were overseas.

I'm picking up a CD Pits weight pull harness and drag sled this weekend. gonna try something new with the dog...

11/14/08 11:28 AM
MikeZev

i tried the stillwater harness over a sweatshirt last night. fits better and doesnt irritate the armpits anymore.
2/17/09 4:40 AM
HuntingtonPUNK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have his leather walking harness and it fits a 32lb dog I have, use it everyday

his newer collars are much improved, the plys are much thicker, no more twisting around the ring, the older thin ones had this problem

www.sportingcollars.com and O'Briens are the best collars I've ever used though, both equal quality

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.