UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> You are welcome Spank

11/13/08 1:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The shootout was a thing of beauty

I am enjoying the underdog role the Avalanche are playing in this year. For the first time I like the lineup, and like the style of play. I think every team needs its stars i.e the Sakics, Smyths, Hejduks, Svatos, Arnasons etc, but for the first time Colorado has finally gone out and got role player who are tough grind it out type players like Cody McCleod, Cody McCormick, Lappy, Tucker, Guite, and a tough blue line with guys like Foote, Hannan, and Sauer, to go with guys like Leopold, Liles, and Clark. My favorite line we have is the "punch line" with the two Codys and Lappy. They play physical, finish checks, and provide instant energy. I like the mix of physical players as compared to star power we have, and it seems as though as soon as Budai was pushed he responed in kind and has played solid. I would like to see them make a move for one more power forward type who can score goals, not the McCleod type, but more of a Ryan Smyth type. I think if we did that we would have enough grit to compete with the upper teams of the league. As it stands we have the best leader in the game in Sakic, a premier defensemen in Foote and Hannan, and the rest of the guys are hard workers who will grind it out. Another guy who impresses me is Darcy Tucker. I do not think you can say enough for guys like him on your team. Great skater, undersized but physical, and will do whatever it takes to make plays. The make up of this team I think is fantastic and am glad we put the Canucks away tonight in a shootout, Budai is proving to be a great goalie for us un shootouts.

11/15/08 3:09 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe you should share some next time before the game?   lol

It was an ok game, that had it's moments. Circus point, is what it is. Nothing to get too pumped about either way.

The aves played their typical soft game. tucker was invisible & ended up with the 4th lowest ice time for the aves.
I can't see them moving up from the NW basement, but only time will tell.

They need D help and a big shot from the point. They have some good young talent to build on though & Budaj stood on his head. Goaltending duel that unfortunately ended up as a shootout. 
11/15/08 3:14 AM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was saying to my buddy that Tucker was completely invisible, and IMO for that type of player, going unnoticed is vvv bad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.