UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Recommend a good photogrpahy book...

11/13/08 4:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LordSeano
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am getting my wife a d-slr for christmas and I wanted to get her a decent photography book that covers the basics well (assuming using a d-slr).

Any suggestions
11/24/08 9:51 PM
Joseph Garza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been involved directly in photography for the last 4 years. I have about 30 books on photography each one as greek as the next as a beginner. I recommend reading your manual, joining a photography community, ask alot of questions, then purchase the books. Half the termanology in those books dont mean a whole lot if you dont understand what key words mean to start off. Resort to your community if you have any questions about your books.

With as much information as the internet provides you can get real good in a shorter amount of time. With the combination of digital and 24/7 mentoring via internet.

Goodluck
12/10/08 4:23 PM
Anonymous Cuban
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to agree with Joseph. I belong to a few online photography forums but I like dgrin.com the most. It's a fucking awesome forum. They have beginners and pros that post there. Best thing, they have weekly contests and assignments that you can do to improve your photography skills.

Make sure she reads the manual, again, as Joe suggested. She needs to familiarize herself with the camera and features. Then she should google composition basics and then learn the basics of proper exposure.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.