UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> 1998 Chateau Simard Saint Emilion

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/19/08 8:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wvdrifter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife and I had this wine a week ago and it is very good. You can buy it for under $25! I highly recommend this one. Has anyone tried this before?
11/20/08 9:01 AM
GaryG
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chateau Simard Saint Emilion 1998 is a supple wine due to the combination of sandy, gravelly soils with rigorous grape selection. The nuance and complexity of the fragrance, the finesse and gentleness of the flavors are immediately apparent. Will pair well with beef, lamb, roast duck, composed dishes like risotto and a perfect accompaniment to a wide range of cheeses. Released with at least ten years of bottle age.

Found the above description. When did you buy this? I'm suprised a 98 is still available. Bordeaux is a favorite region, I'll look for it. Thanks for the heads up.
11/20/08 9:12 PM
wvdrifter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought it at shoppersvineyard.com still waiting on the half of case that I ordered. We had it last weekend for the first time at the Homestead in Virginia ( a resort ) and we loved it.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.