UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Need Weight Loss Advice - Pronto!

11/20/08 12:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Obiewon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I've been down this road before; plenty of times...21 to be exact...but I would like to try out something new & possibly more effective than what I've been doing over the years before a fight.

I have a fight coming up on January 24th at 155 lbs. I am currently 184 lbs. so it is pretty clear that I need to lose a bit of weight. To give you an idea, I had a fight about 2 & half months ago so although I'm in decent shape cardio wise, by no means am I in shape; I think I'm probably around 18 or 19% body fat. Just looking for some good advice....thoughts, comments, tips on workouts and diet would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
11/22/08 3:09 AM
Obiewon

Now let's not all respond at once...
11/22/08 3:56 AM
JasonE

You need to aggressively cut all crap food from your diet, up your water intake, get at least 8 hours of sleep per night, not eat less than 2 hours before bed, and increase your cardio training. Swimming or other exercise in colder temps is good too, as your metabolism will kick up to maintain body temp.

That will get you started. The holidays will be challenging. Don't let yourself overindulge and don't skip training even if you don't make it to the gym. There is always something you can do.

For more specific advice, work with a good trainer or nutritionist to come up with a tailored approach to your needs. Lots of good references available online. John Berardi's work is well-known, and a friend of mine swears by Lyle McDonald at http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Now put down the twinkie and get back in the pool!

Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.