UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> Springboks to change crest...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/20/08 7:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nathan@aristeia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/08 7:31 PM

The South Africian team is going to change the Springbok crest because a lot of people in South Africa think that current crest brings about bad blood from white man domination from the past.

I think this is kind of BS but what do I know I live in Canada.
11/22/08 1:21 AM
Squatdog
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They wanted to change the name from 'Springboks' when South Africa rejoined the international community because it apparently represented the Aparteid regime.
11/24/08 11:34 AM
LordSeano
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do lol at all the white south africans crying about how people (ie blacks) are bringing politics in to rugby given how they used rugby as a symbol of afrikaaner superiority.

Dont underestimate the sentiment that surrounded the Springboks for people of a cewrtain age.

Everyone in my wife's family over a certain age supports either the ABs, England or Wales as was the norm with non-white south africans at that time.

For the record I think name/badge changing and quotas is gayer than two guys fucking but I do lol at the whinging coming primarily from the section of society responsible for having them removed from the international arena in the first place.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.