UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> Need lower leg photos for class paper

11/20/08 9:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
college fightgirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a female martial art student (krav maga, taekwando, boxing) and I am using Muay Thai as the subject of a paper and presentation for my senior-level college class in injury biomechanics. In particular, I am trying to get more info about the old technique of kicking banana trees and other hard objects to toughen the shins, or rolling shins with wooden poles, etc. Even kicking banana bags counts. :-)

In addition to info from people who do any of these kinds of toughening practices, I really really need some photos of the front of people's shins!

Ideally, right after a "toughening" practice and a couple days later. But if you have really strong shin bones already, please send me that too. (And I'll need your age and how long you've been doing your martial art)

Can any of you fighting photogs help a sista out?
thanks in advance--
11/22/08 6:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
college fightgirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hehe, yes in America people have a totally different idea when you say kicking trees. (ouch!)

But people do use hard objects, including banana bags which are like heavy bags but don't sway as much, to toughen their shins. My research so far is looking like there's good science behind impact-based shin toughening.

Also, I believe at some of the training camps in Thailand allow participants to experience training on a banana tree.

The videos are great. Does anyone know how to get a still image from them? That's what I need to put in my paper.

thanks tons!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.