UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> S.P.E.A.R. Wins Again!

12/17/02 10:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
taroson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Dec-02

Tony, Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who works in a juvenile detention center. We have not seen each other for almost a year and he was calling to catch up. Before he got his job at the detention center, we trained together three or four times. He has a ton of martial arts experience in Karate, Judo, Boxing and Wrestling. I showed him some S.P.E.A.R. fundamentals and he loved it. What he told me was that the S.P.E.A.R. has become his primary 'go to' move when it comes to dealing with combative wards. In one case he had to 'calm down' a ward who is over 300 lbs and was assaulting a staff member. Tom, (that's my friend's name) told the ward to stop and get on the floor. The ward decided to charge Tom. Tom used the S.P.E.A.R. to keep the ward off and managed to mace him just as back up arrived. When push came to shove, after just 4 lessons, it was the S.P.E.A.R. that saved the day. Thanks Coach, for helping to make the world a safer place for me, my family and friends. Take Care, Mike
12/22/02 5:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Dec-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
sweet Mike, love to hear stuff like this. As always, congrats to the Coach, where would we be without good coaches? :-) TOny

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.